A thread on the issue of swearing.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

A thread on the issue of swearing.

Postby LecktheTech » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:01 pm

First, there should be a notice, or something like it. This is what my line of logic worked out on the issue of swearing, so I might have not thought through it completely. If you notice something wrong, etc, please post about it.

The issue of swearing and foul language is quite common in anime. I was thinking about this, and I have divided the issue of swearing into two types.
First, the taking of God's name in vain.
The taking of God's name in vain is very clearly condemned in the Bible(Exodus 20:7)
Second, use of swear words as parts of speech.
For those of you who didn't know, the word b---h means a female dog, although that's far from the current use. The word b-----d is a name for an illegitimate child. The word d--m means to condem someone/thing to hell, and we all know what f---k means.
Note: The meanings of some of these words have changed/shifted.

This is just what I concluded after thinking about it, so if I missed something, read the top again.
Thanks!
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Re: A thread on the issue of swearing.

Postby Xeno » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:27 pm

What?

Edit: I've read your post like four times now, and I still don't get what your point is? How does this relate to anime in any specific way? I'm fairly certain most people know the origins of those words, though semantic drift has allowed them to become what they are today. I don't understand the point of this post.
Xeno

Re: A thread on the issue of swearing.

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:29 pm

I'm not sure why this is in Anime either, and I don't think the etymology of cuss words is something we'd particularly like to explore further, so moved to Christian Growth (where it is probably most appropriate), and locked.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth