God's way.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

God's way.

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

I have a sermon I really enjoyed, I will share the link at the end of my post.

Let me first ramble and drift a bit though. I loved how the sermon made a good point that the ultimate authority for Christians is God. Now although that is not the focus of the sermon, that thought has lead me to think on other things. Thanks to God knowing all things, and being in control, He knows how to do what seems like the impossible. How do you get peace with a nation who has over thousands of people? It's hard to keep peace in just an average family home.
Well, God has an answer for that. It's called His way, His will, His rules. Why? because it turns out His rules are for our peace, love, and safety. God knows that sin leads to destruction, destruction to our bodies, our relationships, trust, hope, and if we continue in sin, it leads to eternal destruction. So He tells us and warns us not to sin. Every action has a consequence. Love God and He is with us. Love our sins, and He hands us over to them.

Romans 1:28
"Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, He gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done."

Romans 1:23-24
"23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. 24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."

A quote taken from a website I enjoy :
"Someone says - I have my own thoughts on what god is like.

Answer - This is transgression of the First and Second of the Ten Commandments: "I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods before Me . . . You shall not make to yourself a graven image of any likeness." You are creating a god in your mind that you are more comfortable with—a god to suit your sins. Man has always made gods to suit himself. My opinion doesn't matter when it comes to God's character. What matters is the truth--and He has revealed what He is like through the Bible."

What are God's attributes and Character though? Answers can be found here : http://www.gotquestions.org/attributes-God.html
Want to know more about an idolatry most are unaware of?
http://www.godsatwar.com/

Now, for the Hope :

Ezekiel 33:11
"Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'"
The above verse may of mentioned Israel specifically, but with God's grace spreading to Gentiles, I think it applies to all now. Jesus does NOT take pleasure in the death of the wicked, and He makes it clear that He wants us to repent. (Just read the New Testament, He says to repent.)

2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Alright, although the things I talk about above are not exactly in the sermon, I think it still all works together to the same point of "God's Way, God's Will, God's Rules"
Now for the sermon I liked, which talks about God's way, God's rules, and how He is the ultimate authority, and we can make a difference.
http://www.fromhisheart.org/ViewMedia.aspx?r=b84c240b-489d-42e6-969d-87ba3fc48fea

:angel:
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Moved to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth section.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth