Thankful for an infection?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Thankful for an infection?

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:51 pm

I only know the summery of this myself, so sorry for the lack of details. I'm sure Luke can post a much more dramatic and in-depth version when he's ready. I'll tell it as I experienced it... ^^;;;

[color=black]Today I was sitting in my Dad’s outer office, posting on CAA, when my dad came out of his office and said he was taking Luke (The_Marauding_Manic), to a doctor’s appointment. All fine and dandy to me, we all have to have check ups from time to time… accept one small piece that was slightly out of place. A piece I chose to ignore. Stupidly. Luke has had lots of check-ups already this year, because of his spinal condition. And his doctor’s appointments were never in town.

Later on, my mom came in, which was a huge surprise because she was supposed to be teaching a class. She told me Luke was in the hospital, which made no since at all. I knew he had gone to a doctor’s appointment, but when he and my father had left, they seemed all happy and normal, but my mother had tears in her eyes. She began talking really fast about how Shin was waiting outside with his car to take us since Luke and my dad had taken ours. I was completely confused and she told me if I came, she’d explain on the way. That made me even more worried.

So, quickly I closed my IM windows and logged out of CAA, my heart feeling like it was about to explode with panic. Once in the car with Shin, she told me that Luke had been at the doctor because his hips were hurting and they had told him that the pain was from one of two thing; it was infected, or it was twisted out of place.

Once inside the hospital, I could barely hear my mom and Shin talking because my heart was beating so fast. My chest hurt so bad, I felt like I might faint. From what I had picked up from their conversation in the car, it sounded like Luke might have to have surgery… AGAIN! That day!

For those that don’t know, Luke has had many surgeries in the past on his back and legs because of a disorder he has. It seems not a year goes by where he has to suffer from one. This just seemed so unfair… and plus, this wasn’t some special hospital like he went to for his other surgeries… what if these guys didn’t know what they where doing with his condition?

When we arrived in the correct section of the hospital, they told us that Luke was already having the test to see if it was an infection or… not. We sat down nervously and I tried unsuccessfully to take my pulse, which had to have been about 200 and something. O.o

After what seemed like hours (probably about five minutes), Luke came out and my dad told us that it was just an infection… in other words, no chance of surgery! I was so happy I kissed Luke on the forehead (The joy of being a big sister. :P It’s our job to do that!).

So, now, Luke. Your turn. XD<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>[/color]</P></FONT>

</P>
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Staci » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm

Awwwww! I'm so happy to hear that! Praise the Lord above. *~_~* *tosses confetti and hands out lollipops for everyone*

I will also pray that the infection heals quickly. Believe me, I have a skin one right now and it's no picnic!

Good luck to the both of you! :thumb:
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:31 pm

Yeah, praise the Lord. I don't know what God is up to with your brother's condition, but I know He works out all things for good. Praise God.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:36 pm

WHEW! You oughta look into drama, lady! You'se perty good at getting us all worked up!!!

Glad it worked out, though!
Mithrandir

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:09 pm

Cobalt, that was so well-written, you had me at the edge of my seat. ^_^ I'm so happy it worked out for your brother and for you and your family. :jump: God is so good.:angel:

I'll be praying for your family and your brother, and that the infection clears up.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth