Bible Verses and Inspirational Sayings.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 05, 2012 5:24 am

Here's a non-biblical quote I love:
"The surest way for evil to triumph is for good to do nothing."--Winston Churchill
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby anlptgtsg » Wed May 09, 2012 10:24 am

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. All who follow your precepts has good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

Psalm 119:14 I rejoice in following your statutes; As one rejoice in great riches.

Psalms 119:24 Your statutes are my delight. They are my counselors.

Proverbs 8:13a To fear the Lord is to hate evil.

Proverbs 9:6 Live your simple ways and you will live. Walk in the ways of understanding.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy one is understanding.

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension, [color="Red"]but love covers all wrongs[/color]. "I love this verse"
Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.â€
anlptgtsg

Postby Furen » Wed May 09, 2012 8:50 pm

A bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't
Charles Spargeon
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby anlptgtsg » Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm

"Hurry is not of the devil; hurry is the devil." Carl Jung.
Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.â€
anlptgtsg

Postby anlptgtsg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Isaiah 14:27 For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?
His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?.

anlptgtsg

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm

A few quotes :

"We don't drop our sins to join God, we join God then through Him we overcome our sins."

"Lets not use grace as an excuse for sin."

"It's not about us, it's about God."

"There is a sacrifice, the sacrifice of how we live our lives."

Bible verses :

1 Corinthians 7:22
For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave.

Romans 6:16
Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby SierraLea » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:41 pm

I found this on the back of a bookmark, and thought it was pretty cool. I don't know who wrote it, though.
Our first task in approaching another people, another culture, another religion, is to take off our shoes - for the ground were are approaching is holy.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 am

Alright, I might end up repeating a few bible verses within my new posts here, but hey, nothing wrong with hearing them more then once. :D

[SIZE="4"]The Word of God. [/SIZE]

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 Peter 1:25
but the word of the Lord remains forever. And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (we don't always read the bible, the bible reads us.)

Romans 10:17
"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Matthew 13:22
As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby SilverToast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 pm

These are helpful bible verses I've found on biblegateway.com The keyword search tool they have is so useful when you can't remember where the verse is but you remember the concept of it!

2 Peter 2:7-9(NIV)
7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard) 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Matthew 6:32-34(NIV)
32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

James 1:2-8(NIV)
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

1 Peter 4:13(NIV)
13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
SilverToast

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:44 pm

good - god = o(can say zero)
Without God there is no good in life.

anlptgtsg

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 am

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

anlptgtsg

Postby SierraLea » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm

If you don't accept me at my worst then you sure as heck don't deserve me at my best.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:59 am

"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you."--St. Augustine of Hippo
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Re: Bible Verses and Inspirational Sayings.

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.

Romans 5:8
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Psalm 126:5
Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 pm

2 Corinthians 5:7
We walk by faith, not by sight.

1 Corinthians 1:19
It is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Psalm 1:6
(NKJV)
For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Same verse but different version.
(HCSB)
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.

Same verse but different version.
(NLT)
For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Oh! I love this poster!

Here is what it says in text format and the bible verses of where each name came from. :)

And He shall be called...

Advocate (1 John 2:1);
Lamb of God (John 1:29);
The Resurrection & the Life (John 11:25);
Shepherd & Bishop of Souls (1 Peter 2:25);
Judge (Acts 10:42);
Lord of Lords (1 Timothy 6:15);
Man of Sorrows (Isaiah 53:3);
Head of the Church (Ephesians 5:23);
Master (Matthew 8:19);
Faithful & True Witness (Revelation 3:14);
Rock (1 Corinthians 10:4);
High Priest (Hebrews 6:20);
The Door (John 10:9);
Living Water (John 4:10);
Bread of Life (John 6:35);
Rose of Sharon (Song of Solomon 2:1);
Alpha & Omega (Revelation 22:13);
True Vine (John 15:1);
Messiah (Daniel 9:25);
Teacher (John 3:2);
Holy One (Mark 1:24)
Mediator (1 Timothy 2:5);
The Beloved (Ephesians 1:6);
Branch (Isaiah 11:1);
Carpenter (Mark 6:3);
Good Shepherd (John 10:11);
Light of the World (John 8:12);
Image of the Invisible God (Colossians 1:15);
The Word (John 1:1);
Chief Cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20);
Savior (John 4:42);
Servant (Matthew 12:18);
Author & Finisher of Our Faith (Hebrews 12:2);
The Almighty (Revelation 1:8);
Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6);
Shiloh (Genesis 49:10);
Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5);
I Am (John 8:58; King of Kings (1 Timothy 6:15);
Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6);
Bridegroom (Matthew 9:15);
Only Begotten Son (John 3:16);
Wonderful Counselor (Isaiah 9:6);
Immanuel (Matthew 1:23);
Son of Man (Matthew 20:28);
Dayspring (Luke 1:78);
The Amen (Revelation 3:14);
King of the Jews (Mark 15:26);
Prophet (Matthew 21:11);
Redeemer (Job 19:25);
Anchor (Hebrews 6:19);
Bright Morning Star (Revelation 22:16)
The Way, the Truth, & the Life (John 14:6)

Jesus Christ

PRAISE THE LORD!
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Wow! What an encouragement! Our Lord is truly amazing. Every name has such a wonderful meaning. I'm glad I can't fit my Lord into one simple name.

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. - Psalm 86:11
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Ephesians 4:2-3New International Version (NIV)
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:29-32New International Version (NIV)
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 5:1-2New International Version (NIV)
1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

1 Corinthians 15:33-34New International Version (NIV)
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”[a] 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.
anlptgtsg

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:18 am

Numbers 7:24-29 (NRSV)

24 On the third day Eliab son of Helon, the leader of the Zebulunites: 25 his offering was one silver plate weighing one hundred thirty shekels, one silver basin weighing seventy shekels, according to the shekel of the sanctuary, both of them full of choice flour mixed with oil for a grain offering; 26 one golden dish weighing ten shekels, full of incense; 27 one young bull, one ram, one male lamb a year old, for a burnt offering; 28 one male goat for a sin offering; 29 and for the sacrifice of well-being, two oxen, five rams, five male goats, and five male lambs a year old. This was the offering of Eliab son of Helon.

...aw man. I'm bad at this finding inspiring verses thing. :(

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:37 pm

I actually attended a Bible study recently that covered the book of Numbers, and that chapter specifically stood out to me at the time, ironically enough. So I personally found that passage very encouraging. Thanks, Nate. ;)
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Previous

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth