CAA's official American Thanksgiving Thread for 2011

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

CAA's official American Thanksgiving Thread for 2011

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 am

With Thanksgiving coming up soon for us Americans, I thought we'd share exactly what it is we're thankful for. I'll start:
1. my health.
2. My undying faith in God.
3. My two loving and patient parents
4. The fact that I am not homeless.
5. Friends like the many I've made on this forum, even if we may never meet face to face :hug:
6. Family that accepts me for who I am and loves me regardless.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheMewster » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:25 pm

You know what every Christian should read on Thanksgiving? The Book of Job. After all, it really makes you thankful.

To start off, you can compare your life to Job's life. He used to be a rich man---a very rich man. He had seven sons (which was considered great in those times), and a lot of possessions. However---I estimate in two days---it was all gone. Realizing how God can give and take away really makes us grateful for what we have. We realize that our earthly blessings are only temporary, so we need to be grateful for them while they're here. So even in economc peril, bad health, and terrible family/home situations---hey, at least we aren't Job.

When you realize that even Job had stuff to be thankful for, it makes you even more thankful. The basic thing is that Job was still alive. That's the obvious. When you go deeper, you learn of God's protection---something we definitely take for granted. (I know I do.) At first, when God let the devil get his hands on Job's posessions and family, He didn't let the devil get Job himself. Even when the devil got to attack Job's health, God never let the devil attack his life. Wow. Even when our life gets rough, God will protect us, which is something to be thankful for.

You now see how great the Book of Job can be at making us thankful. That's why I recommend that Christians study the Book of Job at Thanksgiving---at least the first three chapters, that's what I did. God bless and happy Thanksgiving Day! (Be pretty thankful you're not Job now...)

(by the way, you'll likely see this around my websites.)
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Hiryu » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:34 am

I agree. The book of Job does seem like a good place to read for thanksgiving. I would also recommend the book of Psalms.
Hiryu

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Adding to your list, Rock, I'll add this: all those other blessings we take for granted, such as a beautiful, functional planet Earth and the Sun.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:56 am

Having seen that Twilight Zone episode where Earth goes WAY off course, I have to agree with that one!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Gigavine » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:37 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1517620) wrote:Adding to your list, Rock, I'll add this: all those other blessings we take for granted, such as a beautiful, functional planet Earth and the Sun.

Amen to that, Blip.

I am so grateful for the great salvation that God Almighty has graciously provided. I am also thankful for a nice home in a very blessed country.
Gigavine

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth