Reconciliation Prayer

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Reconciliation Prayer

Postby rocklobster » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Our bishop has given us this prayer, which we say every Sunday at Mass. I think it would be an excellent reminder that we are to forgive others as God has forgiven us:
God Almighty Father, you are the one who reconciles us to yourself, when we have separated ourselves from you. You forgive us and you heal our relationship with you, so that we can once more live as your sons and daughters. Lord Jesus Christ, you have commanded us to forgive others as you have forgiven us. Help us to realize that the sins we have committed against you far exceed what others have done against us. As we gaze on your crucified image on the cross, enable us to understand the depth of your love for us in the forgiveness of our sins. Enable us to have the same love when we freely choose with your grace to forgive others from our heart. Le your words convict us to be reconciled with others before we offer our gifts to you at the altar. Holy Spirit, it is only with your reconciling, sanctifying grace that we can seek reconciliation and extend reconciliation. We cannot change what happened in the past, but we can change our response in the present. May we be reconciled with you and others. Enable us during this year of grace to be agents of reconciliation in our family, in our church, and in our community. Amen.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lynna » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:44 am

cool prayer!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:41 pm

It works too. My father has been reciting it every Sunday and it's inspired him to patch up his relationship with his nephew, which hit a snag a few years ago. I like the fact that it reminds us that we must forgive others as God has forgiven us. Sort of like the Lord's Prayer itself.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:28 pm

I like it. But really I like anything that Rock posts because usually it has such depth and passion. Call me crazy if you want but I'm just speaking the truth. ^^ Love you brother.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth