My Spiritual Doo-doo

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My Spiritual Doo-doo

Postby TheMewster » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Ok, sorry if I seem too unclear may clarify later I'm just letting this out. I feel like a mix of the words country and rap. I feel really depressed. I have a lot of commands in my head telling me what to do, and they'll cuss at me and tell me to study the Bible in the same minute. Then again maybe I'm causing one part I dunno. I feel so horrible. I feel like I need to obey the Bible in order to keep up my salvation. I'm getting real burnout and the only reason I haven't let go is cuz I'm going to hell if I do. Well forgive me for wasting your time but please help me out.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Atria35 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Okay, I do feel that you really should talk to a psychiatrist, because the voices do have a chance of being a manifestation of mental illness- not that it's a bad thing! People can live with it, and you're obviously perfectly sane. But getting it checked out by a Christian psychiatrist can help determine if medication can help with it.

You aren't going to go to hell if you give yourself a break from the Bible once in a while. It can be very confusing to know what to do/follow- you don't have a denomination, and figuring it out on your own can be completely overwhelming. My advice is to follow the Big 10 (and you believe Jesus died on the cross for you, which is what ALL Christians agree on when it comes to being Christian), and take a break for a few days on the rest of it, and then pick up a few books on different interpretations of the Bible, or visit a few churches, and go from there.

God isn't going to punish you for not knowing where to begin, and He most definitely does NOT want you to burn out on the Bible. You aren't going to hell for needing to take time to study and learn about it instead of obeying all the time, especially when you don't know what to obey.
Atria35

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:17 pm

TheMewster (post: 1500372) wrote:the only reason I haven't let go is cuz I'm going to hell if I do.

Mew... If you've accepted God in your heart as your lord and savior, you won't, though on this issue, you may want to consult your pastor (or if you don't have a home church, as I believe I've seen you say before) you either, need to find one, or schedule some time with a pastor about this issue.

If you're totally against that, the best advice I can give you is pray about this, and read your bible.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby bobmonkeys » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:35 am

First of all TheMewster, where are these voices coming from. Are they from God, of the flesh, or are they of the devil. You should pray for a discernment of spirits on this one and also consult a pastor or as Atria said a christian psychologist because it could stem from a mental illness.

Second, if you are being stressed out and it seems to be related to the Bible, maybe its not reading it or not is the problem, but rather you feel like you aren't living the Bible enough. Your salvation is not dependent upon reading the Bible, but upon loving the Lord, and if you love him you keep his commandments. Try praying, loving your neighbor, helping out in your community, teaching others about God's love, and expressing praise and thanks to God for what he has done for you
[color="Lime"]Moo?[/color]
bobmonkeys

Postby Atria35 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:32 am

bobmonkeys (post: 1500423) wrote:First of all TheMewster, where are these voices coming from. Are they from God, of the flesh, or are they of the devil. You should pray for a discernment of spirits on this one and also consult a pastor or as Atria said a christian psychologist because it could stem from a mental illness.

A Christian psychologist can also help determine if they are demons. I know a few Christians who were convinced that their voices were demons or bad spirits, but after they had gone to the psychiatrist and got on medication, it turned out they were really from a mental illness. Their discernment of the spirit had been wrong. Mewster, you don't have the psychiatric training to know whether or not it's mental illness or not, so it's really best to talk to someone who does have that training.
Atria35

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth