Seek God!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Seek God!

Postby J.D3 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:53 am

Hey guys!

I was in life group at Church tonight & we had an amazing pastor share what I think is a vitally important Word for all Christians everywhere to consider.
Basically, she challenged us with these questions:

Is your relationship with God REALLY the MOST important priority in your life? Are you making sure to spend time seeking Him personally & hearing what He wants to say to you each day? *think about these carefully*

Everyone, we must NEVER EVER undervalue our relationship with God. It is THE most integral part, indeed the meaning, of being a Christian. It is what Christ willingly died for & was raised for - to restore this personal relationship between Him & us that was lost for so long.

Now, the pastor didn't claim to be some awesome perfect person who gets this right 100% of the time & indeed I don't either. I was basically shell-shocked when I heard this, as I realised how vitally important this really is to us, & also realised my own failings in this area.

After tonight, I can't stress enough to folks on CAA just how important it is to really spend time seeking God personally each day.
It is way too easy for us to slip into focusing too much on what's going on around us (or inside us), stress/pressure or even just doing Church stuff - and then totally forgetting about Who we are actually living with & for in the first place!

I really hope this helps people & God bless you all in deepening your relationships with Him further & further! Let it never end, in Jesus' Name!

(P.S. Sorry if it seems like I'm nagging. It's really meant to be something to think about carefully)
J.D3

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth