There Are No Untouchable People to Jesus?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:18 am

Ray Pritchard

It seems like an absurd question (Luke 8:45). With so many people pressing in upon Jesus, how could anyone know who touched him? With many people wanting to be near Him, it could have been any man or any woman in the crowd. But the Master knew that someone had touched the edge of His garment and at that moment a mighty miracle had occurred. A woman with a serious blood disorder had been instantly cured.

This woman had taken a real chance by touching Jesus. According to the law, her touch could make Jesus unclean. Because He was the Son of God, His power of healing overcame her uncleanness. But she did not know that when she touched Him.

What a crucial point this is. Our Lord Jesus was not ashamed to be touched by the untouchable, and He was not embarrassed to be publicly identified with the outcasts of this world. He was at home with sinners, He ate supper with gluttons and drunkards, He welcomed the prostitutes, He touched the lepers, and He is not ashamed to be touched by an unclean person.

Not ashamed? No, not at all. Delighted, I think, and glad to identify Himself with her. Delighted that she had the courage to reach out and glad that He could heal her. And He didn't care who knew about it. No, that's not strong enough. He wanted the whole crowd to know what He had done.

Why is this so important? Because with our Lord there are no "untouchable" people. In Jesus' eyes, everyone is touchable. Thank God, there are no hopeless cases with Him.

Taken from "Who Touched Me?" by Keep Believing Ministries (used by permission).
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 am

It's things like this that remind me how much God loves me and everyone else in this world no matter who they are or what they've done. I may have beliefs that differ from some Christians, beliefs that seem to have others convinced I'll be going to hell for them (no one here said that, just to make that clear, you guys and girls are all so lovely and kind), but you know what? No matter how bad I am, my fate will always be in God's hands. I trust in Jesus Christ to save me from my sins and uncleanness. It is only through Him and His greatness that I will ever reach heaven and no one has the right to tell me where I'm going when I die, but Him. The power and beauty of all that moves me so much at times I could cry. I'm so glad I found my way back to Christ!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Hiryu » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:32 am

It is through his grace and mercy that we are "touchable." Not our actions or deeds, for these prove you are a Christian but don't necessarily make you one.
Hiryu

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:03 pm

"Our Lord Jesus was not ashamed to be touched by the untouchable, and He was not embarrassed to be publicly identified with the outcasts of this world. He was at home with sinners, He ate supper with gluttons and drunkards, He welcomed the prostitutes, He touched the lepers, and He is not ashamed to be touched by an unclean person" - this always spoke loads to me...
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 am

Kunoichi (post: 1447131) wrote:"Our Lord Jesus was not ashamed to be touched by the untouchable, and He was not embarrassed to be publicly identified with the outcasts of this world. He was at home with sinners, He ate supper with gluttons and drunkards, He welcomed the prostitutes, He touched the lepers, and He is not ashamed to be touched by an unclean person" - this always spoke loads to me...

This is certainly something of Jesus that I always strive to never forget.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth