God sure has ways of getting our attention

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

God sure has ways of getting our attention

Postby KougaHane » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 am

So recently I was listening to the song "Reinventing Robert Cohn" by the electronica/rock band And Then There Were None, and I really fell in love with how catchy the song was, so I looked up the lyrics, and they happened to be about resisting lust and temptation, one thing I had been dealing with in my life. God sure has his ways of getting our attention even when we aren't necessarily looking for or expecting him to show up.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:31 am

What was interested was how I was discussing with my dad about how it was looking like certain goals in my life might not work out as planned. We were shopping for a birthday card for one of his friends while we were talking, and I picked up a card completely at random that had a funny picture on the front and it said;

"When God closes a door, He opens a window."
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Azier the Swordsman (post: 1407726) wrote:"When God closes a door, He opens a window."

I got the chills when reading that ^__^

It is funny, isn't it? It's good to keep this in mind (I know, that's not the main topic of this thread, but...) ^^

I guess His little reminders are everywhere, we just have to keep our eyes and ears open to them :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:13 pm

You know, I had an experience like this at the beginning of the summer.

I had applied to the local college in another town- the plan was to move in with a friend and get the classes I needed to go to the university there. My friend backed out after a month. I was.... angry. Disappointed. I had counted on her since I couldn't afford to co to the local and pay for rent- that would extend my savings too much. So I went out to my dad and ranted and raved about it, and he said "So why don't you just apply to the university?"

So I did. And two weeks later, I got an acceptance letter. Totally out of the blue, totally unexpected, but the university accepted me! And so this fall I'm going.

Close a door and open a window, indeed.

Here's hoping I'm not jumping into a rose bush!
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Father Bear, that's a pretty condescending and judgemental post. XII said that he 'separated' the two guys, so they wouldn't continue fighting. He didn't say that he joined in. Stop twisting his words. Also, while looking for confirmations of faith in food is unusual, it doesn't mean his faith is fading. You're making a judgement here that's not warranted. Please think about what you post next time.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Father Bear (post: 1413684) wrote:Dear XIII,

I Find your story very interesting. It not only shows your good will to use the attributes god have blessed you with to stop an argument, but that you have a strong belief.
But using force to stop these two individuals may not have been the correct way, I understand that, it is not the part of the story you wanted to share with us, but it is always important to remember why we are here, we are here to spread the word of God, and resort from violence at any cost.
Moving on.. What you have told us here, about the burnt cookie, maybe symbolize that your faith is fading slowly, and needs renewal, perhaps this has given you the strenght of faith to visit the church, and beg for forgivness for your past sins, when was the last time you confessed, and stood mentally naked infront of God? It would be a wise decision. For your bad intervenience, the cookies got burnt, showing you the wrongdoing in this situation, Next time, try to bake with more love, dont let God's creation get to waste.
I hope you the best of luck in future, and It has given me once again renewed strenght in my faith. Thank you. And God bless You.

Dear, Father Bear.

I must disagree with you. There have been numerous instances in my life where burnt material items have been symbolic for my faith. How I am in essence "on fire" for God. And because God is like a fire, we must perform fire dances to appease Him.

The ability to bake with love is a process. I understand you are encouraging him, but please understand that in the process of baking with love, you start with a little love. The more you bake, and the more you are able to really love.

I, likewise, encourage you to broil foods such as fish instead of baking. Because broiling is a top-down heat. Just like how the sun is on top of us, providing heat below itself. And because this is the case, this is how The Son offers his love to us. Top-down from Heaven. And the reason I say fish is because fish is what the people ate when Jesus multiplied the food to feed the many. You must love fish like how God loves us.

Sincerely,
MSP
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:42 am

I get messages in my food all the time. Like once, I had a burger, and I felt it was giving me the message to go play Burgertime. So I did. And I beat the high score. Then, I was eating pizza, and I took out a slice, and the pizza looked like Pac-Man, and I felt it was giving me the message to go play Pac-Man. So I did. And I beat the high score.

Right now, I feel that these burritos are giving me the message to go to the bathroom. So I will.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth