Skype Bible Study

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Skype Bible Study

Postby Peanut » Sun May 23, 2010 8:58 pm

So, I am finally enacting the idea I proposed in this thread a few months ago. I'm a little too busy to do what I was originally planning, so, sadly, this means more work for all of you in the form of homework. Yep, I'm giving you all homework to actually be involved in this study, but its not that bad and some of you may already be doing it. Anyway, here's the "homework," some "extra credit," and general rules to keep this study somewhat orderly.

Homework: Choose one book in the Bible and read a chapter a day. When we meet each week tell us something you learned, took away from, and/or any thoughts from your reading over the previous week. It is highly recommended that you keep some sort of journal while you do this so you won't loose whatever you think of as your reading. If this study runs long enough that you finish the book you choose, choose another one and do the same thing with it.

Extra Credit: (This is completely optional) Read any book that isn't in the Bible (or the apocrypha/gnostic gospels/things sort of like scripture) and do the same for it. If you take anything spiritual away from it, mention it when we meet together.

Rules

1. Try to limit your responses. I'm not going to set a limit, however if you have something to say for every verse or every other verse you read I (or someone else) will mute you. Try to keep what you share to the most important things, and if you start to go to long, cut stuff. If we have time, maybe you can share it at the end.

2. Don't begin a pointless, theological debate. I don't mind wandering into the realm of theology and wrestling with even its minor issues. However, for the sake of keeping things civil, if someone says something you don't agree with, hold your tongue/fingers and if you have to, talk to them after the study is done privately.

3. Don't interrupt people as they are sharing. This goes for myself as well. When someone is sharing what they've learned, don't talk, don't type, just listen/read and take in what they are sharing.

I should note that the plan (not the rules) is tentative until I have more time to plan something, find someone with another plan I like, or if it fails miserably. Also, if you are interested at all please post below and either give me your Skype info here or PM it to me. We'll be starting this Friday at 10PM EST (though I may change the time or date to Thursday or Saturday if there is interest but only a few people can make it on Friday) and will run for between 30 minutes to an hour.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Bolam » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 am

I'm interested in this group, but can't participate in the Friday 10pm time slot. Is it possible to have it on Thursdays at 10pm?
Bolam

Postby Peanut » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Bolam. I appreciate your interest in the Skype Bible Study however it's not running currently at all do to a lack of interest as well as my busy schedule. I'm in a different place then I was 2 years ago when I attempted this and now with my jobs and grad school, I do not have the time to run or organize something like this. If you are interested in something similar or organizing something similar you can try the Christian Growth Q&A, Devotional or the CAA Servant Alliance boards on CAA. Thanks again for the interest and enjoy your stay on CAA.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby V e e b i s h » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Interesting. Is this on EST time or WEST?
[SIZE="2"]
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. -Palms 148:8
[/SIZE]
V e e b i s h

Postby goldenspines » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 pm

V e e b i s h (post: 1548504) wrote:Interesting. Is this on EST time or WEST?
Ah, did you see Peanut's most recent post above your own?

Here, I'll quote it:
Peanut wrote: I appreciate your interest in the Skype Bible Study however it's not running currently at all do to a lack of interest as well as my busy schedule. I'm in a different place then I was 2 years ago when I attempted this and now with my jobs and grad school, I do not have the time to run or organize something like this. If you are interested in something similar or organizing something similar you can try the Christian Growth Q&A, Devotional or the CAA Servant Alliance boards on CAA. Thanks again for the interest and enjoy your stay on CAA.

Unfortunately, he currently lacks the time to run this at the present time due to his busy schedule.
goldenspines

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth