Lasting Legacy: Being A Conscious Witness

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:37 am

Matthew 5:13-16

We all know the saying, “You are the only Bible some people will ever read.â€
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby wiggins » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:14 pm

Thanks
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:14 pm

Thanks for putting this on here. This is what I've been thinking about the most lately; was just prayin' about it like 10 mins ago. I react the wrong way alot to the command that we are supposed to be light and salt. I see how imperfect I am and how much I mess up and wonder how I could ever be light. But I don't have any light on my own, it all comes from God; so I need to rely on Him for it and keep Him first, and He'll shine through me.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Aijin » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:41 pm

Isn't there a verse that says that when we speak to others about God, that it will be the Holy Spirit speaking through us?

Also, isn't it ultimately the Holy Spirit who will be saving them, not us? So even if we're unsure of ourselves, we should be obedient and still witness. We shouldn't stop because we're afraid we'll fail because of an imperfection, but rather because we want to please God and it was His command to tell others about Him?

I've been considering this lately because i was trying to reach some people on a no-god.com bbs. At first i would think: "Am i getting anywhere with them?" But then that's not the question i need to ask, is it?

So yeah, this is an issue that's been on my mind recently. What do you think?
Aijin

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth