How close are we to our Heavenly father/Daddy?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

How close are we to our Heavenly father/Daddy?

Postby djecliptik » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Yes, I said Daddy!

I remember in my youth when I would always consider God, Daddy...honestly, that's how he wants us to view him.

For a long time time as long as I can remember, I come from a family that always treasured tradition, that it would help them to know that the food is blessed, by beginning a prayer with "Dear Heavenly Father..." I always questioned why we say that, instead of Heavenly father, like, are we writing him a note for him to get back to us later? no seriously!

Ever since I grew up taught that way, I would always feel like he was soo far away, that somehow he could hear me in the distance. Now, I realize that I can RUN to him, saying "Daddy". Just to be wrapped in his arms, and talk to him like he is right there... changed my way of thinking.

By the way, I do recommend Joseph Prince's messages. Great radical Grace preaching, and he's from Korea! :sweat: ok, maybe that was a lil much, still... check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCUby8b1zl4&NR=1
Psalms 33:3 - "Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise."

"A DJ who doesn't Dance, is like a writer who doesn't read." ~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Postby Souba » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Dj,
I too grew up with teachings that distanced me from God. I came to fear Him rather than love, and cling to Him. I also started listening to teachings from Pastor Joseph Prince, Andrew Womack, and the series, The way truth and Life.
So all that has changed now, and I feel much like you do, like I got my Daddy back! :D Thank you for sharing this! :)
Beloved in Grace,
Souba
Btw, Pastor Prince's church is in Singapore.
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby djecliptik » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Souba (post: 1267748) wrote:Hi Dj,
I too grew up with teachings that distanced me from God. I came to fear Him rather than love, and cling to Him. I also started listening to teachings from Pastor Joseph Prince, Andrew Womack, and the series, The way truth and Life.
So all that has changed now, and I feel much like you do, like I got my Daddy back! :D Thank you for sharing this! :)
Beloved in Grace,
Souba
Btw, Pastor Prince's church is in Singapore.

Singapore, eh :sweat: I knew that... ;)
Psalms 33:3 - "Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise."

"A DJ who doesn't Dance, is like a writer who doesn't read." ~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Postby Souba » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:12 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]Lol! Well yeah I had to figure that out after seeing him on the Hillsong church conference special. ;)
I'm glad to see that there are others who are falling in love God all over again thanks to ministries like these. :)
Beloved in Grace,
Souba[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth