Favorite Jesus miracle

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Favorite Jesus miracle

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Which of Jesus's miracles do you like best?
My favorites are the one where he helped the Centurion and the one where he helped the Canaanite woman. I like these because these are both people who weren't even Jewish. I think this makes Jesus seem more "real" to me.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 pm

My favorite is when He healed the blind man in John 9. The disciples asked who sinned, him or his parents, to cause him to be blind --but Jesus replied that that wasn't the case. The man was blind so the glory of God could be shown.
When questioned by the Pharisees, the blind man simply replied "Whether or not He was a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see."
It's such a beautiful picture of salvation and of God's mercy --and that our testimony doesn't have to be complex--it can be very simple--simply that Jesus opened our eyes.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:07 am

Glad you mentioned the Centurion. No doubt my favorite, as both his faith and his humility show through -- and simple: "I, too, am a man under authority... I tell a soldier 'Do this,' and he does it." And Jesus' reaction -- one of 'amazement' (showing us Jesus' own humility in taking a step away from Omniscience) that such faith existed... and among the Gentiles!

For simple in-your-face drama, though, you can't beat Jesus' healing of the paralytic whose friends lowered him through the ceiling. Jesus says, "Your sins are forgiven" -- the Pharisees scoff -- and Jesus rebukes them: "Which is easier, to say 'Your sins are forgiven', or 'Get up, take up your mat, and go home?'" Indeed, which is easier for us to say, from the heart? "But just to show you the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins...".
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:33 am

Well, the miracle I liked was when the pharasiees brought the woman caught in adultery, found in John Ch. 8, but I also liked the one with the woman who touched the hem of his garment, and he felt it over a crowd pushing to reach him, because compassion left his body. But the greatest miracle I can think of he ever done, was when He saved me. For there is no other miracle I can think of, that equals the moment he changed the course of my life.

Paul
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby User Name » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:02 am

My very favourite miracle was how I saw that he was real- knew that he was real- and could not reject that he was real. Without God, I never would have believed in him.

I love you, Jesus.

But if it wasn't a personal one, my favourite is when he makes wine out of water. A true classic.
User Name

Postby termyt » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:55 am

My favorite miracle was Jesus's own resurrection.

Other than that, John 9 is one of my favorite chapters of the Bible. It’s a marvelous example of human nature and how hard we try to bury what we don’t want to believe in regardless of the facts.

Another favorite of mine is the Samaritan woman at the well. The Samaritans were decedents of Israel (there’s some debate whether they are actually directly related to Israel through Joseph or if they are descended from peoples force to immigrate to Israel by the Assyrians – this does not matter as much to me because the Samaritans claim the lineage and live accordingly), but they were doing everything wrong – they did not worship in the right place or in the right way. Generations of war and mistrust prevented them from “doing it right” serving as just another roadblock between them and God. In just a few minutes, Jesus destroyed centuries worth of animosity, destroyed the wall between them, and brought them –warts and all - face to face with a God still passionately interested in them.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Well... the resurrection/birth/transfiguration are kinda cheating, don't you think? ;)

My favorite miracle would be when He made vodka at a wedding... No wait, that wasn't it... um, um, um...

Lazarus! Yes, yes, Lazarus was definitely my favorite miracle! The guy was reekin' dead and then pow! God-fearin' zombie. ^.^
USSRGirl

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth