Our Worth

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Our Worth

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:16 pm

This is something that God has been teaching me lately and I just wanted to share it with you guys.

What determines our worth? According to society, our worth is measured by how people see us, by our success, by our possessions, by our performance.
But all these things are empty --people leave, possessions get stolen, jobs can be lost. So what really determines our worth?

This is what determines our worth:

God showed us just how much we are worth to Him at the Cross.

So next time the world tells you that your are worthless, a mistake, or that you should not exist, look to the Cross and remember:

You were worth the life of God's Son.

If we were without worth, God would have let us die in our sins --but we are not worthless--God, in His grace and in His love (while we were still sinners and enemies of God) sent Jesus to die for us to be the atonement for our sins. That is how much you are worth to God. (Romans 5:8)

Now, since you were bought at such a high price, live your life for God and for His glory. He is worthy of it. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby PokettoKunoichi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:32 pm

That image just struck me...

Our God is awesome, isn't He?
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

:) Remember, if Jesus is in your life, that all of Heaven is waiting for you. :)
PokettoKunoichi

Postby Prince Asbel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 am

This was a wonderful thing to do, Sheenar. And you're absolutely right. God bless you! :angel:
The greatest Christian manga of all time! http://gameplan.christianmanga.com/
Prince Asbel

Postby MBlight » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Wow! It's such an encouragement to think that this life isn't just some random occurance (sp?) of space and time! Thx for reminding me Sheenar! Our God is soooo amazing!
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth