Jesus has carried me...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Jesus has carried me...

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 pm

It has been a long time since I've posted anything on the CAA and for good reason. I've been busy with college and life. I'm almost finished my BA, a couple more classes to go and I will be an English Major. But that isn't then end of it. Rather, I'm going on to seminary to began my training as a minister. I have no idea where I will go from there. I hope to be an evangelist somewhere here in America, but I'll go wherever he wants me to go. My path is uncertain, but as long as he leads I will not fear. I care most about the Lord Jesus Christ because he has always been there for me. My Christian life has always been filled with the burden of choosing between two pathways. One pathway is well worn and traveled by many, while the other is narrow and used by a seldom few. For me, one path is the way of a normal life free of the troubles the Christian's burdens. It is the path chosen by many and I know that if I choose this path I will be in the company of the crowd. On the other hand, while the road less travel offers a life of significance, it, also, means a life of ostracism, loneliness, and misunderstanding. In my isolation as a Christian I feel like the Old Testament prophets calling to the crowd but never truly being a part of their culture. To paraphrase Jesus, “they are in the world but not of the worldâ€
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby initialdfreak » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I think there is a medium balance between following God and that narrow path and also having fellowship with those also following the narrow path, being the church.
initialdfreak

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 pm

I agree. Maybe I need to be more clear about that... hmm... analogies always break down somewhere. Of course Christians are supposed to be in the world and associate with both the Church and worldlings. However, that does not negate the fact that they are in the minority and are not supposed to live like a jolly pagan. Really it isn't two roads but one road going in different directions. If a Christian is to be effective he/she must be able to work in the world and not remove himself from it like a monk in some monastery. So yes, analogies always fall apart somewhere.
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby Prince Asbel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:11 pm

I still like your attitude. But in a place like America, it shouldn't be too difficult to find Christian company. So I wouldn't worry too much.
The greatest Christian manga of all time! http://gameplan.christianmanga.com/
Prince Asbel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth