My sensitivity

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My sensitivity

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am

I have this problem where I easily take offense on little things. It has to do with my family background with my step father when I was a kid. I can't take criticism and I get touchy over little things I don't need to be and it's still a problem till this day. the rest of the story is in the Please pray for my sensitivity theard.

What advice can you give me? Sciptures would be good too. Thanks.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby termyt » Wed May 28, 2008 7:38 am

Everyone can change. It's not easy, of course, and it requires sacrifice. But we all change when we feel the need to.

If you want to be less over-sensitive, then you must work at it. Meditate on how you want to be. Picture events that cause you to be overly sensitive and then think about how you want to react to those situations.

When such a situation turns up, force yourself to react differently - more in line with how you want to react opposed to how you naturally react.

At first it will seem like you are just acting - putting up a false front. That's true to a certain degree, but if you continue to practice the way you want to be, even when you don't feel like it, that will help you change and shape yourself until you no longer have to act - it will be your natural reaction.

If anyone (who you love and loves you) accuses you of being untrue to yourself or putting up a false front, simply explain to them that they are correct, but you are trying to change and would appreciate their help, prayers, and support.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth