I was hit on by a fellow guy =O

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I was hit on by a fellow guy =O

Postby mathgrant » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:42 am

Mayhaps this belongs in Prayer Requests and not here. I dunno. D= Also, forgive my lack of clarity and sounding clear. D=

So, I met this guy on CAA recently. A few days after we met, he hit on me, saying that I am a beautiful person on the inside, which was all that counted to him. I tactfully explained that I was not interested in romance, regardless of whether he was a male or a female. Since then, the two of us have talked with each other about our respective weaknesses; he believes his attraction to guys is one of his. This may be true; however, it honestly seems to me like he might merely be confusing platonic brotherly love with romantic love. He says that sex is the last thing he wants, describing his feelings for me as "romance without sex". I cannot claim to be an expert on romance (no experience =O), but the things which he claims distinguish romantic love from mere friendship, seemed to me to perfectly define true platonic love (aside, perhaps, from the mention of kissing). I've discussed this with someone else, and this theory doesn't seem implausible to either of us. I've known other people who've had similar confusion, which suggests that this could be a fairly common affliction. D=

Anyway, the guy apologized for hitting on me, and he says he really wants to overcome his attraction to guys. But I just can't help this guy on my own -- he needs you guys and God on his side, too! He needs knowledge and support that I don't have! So, uh. . . give me your knowledge? And I'll show him this thread? XD Also, I hope you guys can talk to him more directly, because that'd probably help him, too. =3

Note: Although the thread title might suggest otherwise (I couldn't think of a better one. . . D= ), this thread really isn't about me, but about the other guy who hit on me. I want to help him. . . . =O

(Edit: I have been given permission to reveal the identity of the other person involved; it is CAA member Roxas2210. Now that you have his CAA screen name, it will be easier for helpful folks with helpful things to say to have a direct conversation with him. XD; I really hope he can be helped. <3 )
mathgrant

Postby Sheenar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Ask him to take a look at Troubledwith.com. It is run by Focus on the Family.
He can find Biblical advice on how to deal with this struggle and maybe get some insight.

http://www.troubledwith.com/LoveandSex/A000000313.cfm?topic=love%20and%20sex%3a%20homosexuality
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Roxas2210 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:59 am

I am sorry that I hit on you Grant, and I wish I was a better friend than what I already am. I was struggling and still am in that department of my life, and it is depressing me everytime I look at a man. I hope some people can give me and you some help with our flaws and get back on the road that God laid out for us.

Yours

Roxas
[font="Fixedsys"]Waiting for the sun to shine in the brightest room! =][/font]
Roxas2210

Postby mathgrant » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:03 am

*hugs tight*

You're an amazing friend. Roxas. It is I who am inadequate. <3
MOES
Wii: 6324 9743 7460 3573 || WarioWare DIY: 3009 1173 0734
mathgrant

Postby Sohma » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:30 am

I have nothing to contribute here, sorry.

But I would like to say thanks for posting that website, Sheenar, I have a couple friends who are struggling with these feelings and would benifit from reading it, since they are willing to change for God.

I'll also be praying for you, Roxas. =D
[SIZE="6"]ily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Genesis 27:4
"When you prepare the tasty food that I love, bring it to me, and I will eat. Then I will bless you before I die."[/SIZE]
Sohma

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth