Cutting?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Shao_Zeng » Tue May 20, 2008 10:23 am

K. Ayato (post: 1227659) wrote:Guys, I think he's gone.

We just like to rant a little :sweat:
[color="DarkRed"][/color] Therefore take the whole armor of God,that you may be able to withstand in the evil day,and having done all,To stand.

Ephesians 6:13
Shao_Zeng

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed May 21, 2008 12:36 pm

teen4truth (post: 1211888) wrote:Is it worth it not to cut when I want to so badly?

I've been deweeding a small patch of trees near our house lately and the thorns have given me a lot of scratches, so I could get away with it. My family wouldn't suspect a thing.

I've wanted to for a long time but I keep holding myself back but I don't want to anymore I just want to do it gosh its one of the deepest desires I've ever felt, if not the deepest but I'm so hesitant.

It is a struggle not to cut, I am sure, but do you think that God really wants you to harm yourself like that? Pray for the strength to resist.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby fairyprincess90 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:00 am

I dunno if this thread is still active...but I just had to write. =/

I cut. I still cut....I'm not a recovered cutter or a past cutter or whatever. For those who don't understand...I'm with you. I don't understand either. I doesn't feel good as in a physical feeling...but it feels good for me to be able to hurt something I don't like. Which is myself. I hurt myself many ways because I hate who I am...what I look like...and how I act. But yet I still don't understand completely why it feels so good. It's very confusing.

I know it isn't right though. And I'm trying to stop. It's like an addiction though. I can last for like a couple months and then I have to cut again. I can't just stop. I've lost hope for stopping.

But it IS wrong. You know why? Because God doesn't want us to hurt our bodies. Our bodies aren't "ours". Our body is God's.

Even though I myself still cut...I do know a few tips to help distract myself or release my emotions another way.

1. Go for a walk. Just get out in the sunshine no matter how down and depressed you are. Force yourself out there. Just walk and breathe and pray to God. Think things through a little more. By the time you get back home, the urge will be gone.

2. Get rid of all sharp objects. Just do it. Throw them away. Bury them. Something. Just get rid of them.

3. Go on CAA and read stuff and post stuff to distract you =P

4. Punch your pillow. hehe.

5. Scream into your pillow. hehe.

hope those help. They are pretty pathetic I know...but they help me. Especially the screaming into the pillow one. hehehe.

I'm praying for you.
fairyprincess90

Postby oro! » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 am

You can stop, fairyprincess! This is not an impossible thing. You know what to say, you know what is right, so do not lose hope. Don't just rely on yourself. Get an accountable person to keep up with you. Lean on others. You've got to stop it!
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby fairyprincess90 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 am

I've been cutting for over four years now. I even went for counseling one time to help me. It only lasted a couple months. Then I was back at it again.
My boyfriend sometimes keeps me accountable. =/
I just can't seem to stop. I know I should. It's a terrible addiction I know...just can't seem to get a grip.
fairyprincess90

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:00 pm

God bless and help you.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Previous

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth