Evangelism

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Evangelism

Postby Simon » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:20 am

Evangelism

In evangelism many times we tend to preach to the people we want to and the people we feel can be saved, but what about Sodom.

When we think about it we screw up our face, we wouldn't be caught dead speaking to a sodomite, but what if God told you to?

I agree, what they do is terrible, it's against nature, and Gods wrath will fall on those that continue to do what they do, but we have to remember that they too are sinners and "Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners" (Tim). We might feel that they're too far away from God to be saved, but Jesus says "And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day." (That means people in sodom would have given thier heart to the Lord... Jesus was radical, he didn't just preach to the religious leaders who had sinned, but he went for the prostitute, the publican, he ministered to the adulteress, and was found where the outcast was.

We say there's no hope for sodomites, but "There were present at that season some that told Jesus of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish "Luke 13: 1- 3. "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all, James 2: 10.

Jonah the prophet was prejudice against Nineveh, he didn't want to preach to them, he wanted them to die. Maybe we don't think to the extreme where we want them to die, but when we don't give them the word to save their souls...

So lets be radical, lets forget about what other people will say, "And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on. There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. 44 Luke 7: 41- 43 read on to 48
When people feel that they were forgiven of much they will love God much...

And remember that we will be talked about and persecuted if we are being real for Jesus, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." Matt. 5: 11, 12. So I encourage you to Spread the grace of God to all in speaking the word to all.

Send this message to as many Christians that you know, even if you have to print it out to give it to them.
Simon

Postby cbwing0 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:50 pm

Thanks for the message, Simon. This is a very important message, as evangelism is the most important and far-reaching occupation of the Christian.

About a week ago, I heard something that was quite profound. Since we are saved by grace through faith, we are not to become preoccupied with keeping the law, but rather with spreading the gospel. Of course we are still to live righteous lives, as it is important to make our lives an example for Christ, but when we focus on keeping the law, it becomes nigh-impossible to follow. On the surface, this seems like a paradox, but it is not. The law gives death and bondage, rather than the life and freedom that we already have in Christ.

Think about it this way: is it better that we spend our time saving people from hell (I apologize if that doesn't pass the language filter, but I believe that it should, as it refers to a real place in this context), or agonizing over whether we told a lie, or kept the sabbath?
cbwing0

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:59 pm

Good study there, I am currently taking an evangelism class and we are learning more and more about this topic and how to do it right for God. ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Simon » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:16 am

All thanks and Glory to God. I heard a similar message spoken in a youth convention that I went too. It’s true, we should be more occupied with doing the work of the Lord than walking in fear about our walk in Christ. God will sustain us, it is God that worketh in us both to will and to do of his good pleasures... Phil 3:13
Simon

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth