Your Glory

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Your Glory

Postby Simon » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:33 pm

Your Glory

Psalms 3: 3 “But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.”

A shield is a form of protection- While many look to the military might of the country, the police men, guard dogs or the gun, the bible shows us that these things can fail us (Psalms 44:6 - "For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me"), but when you've made the Lord your shield your protection will never fail because God never fails (Psalms 91 entire chap).

My glory- Glory is the thing that makes people laud you, it's your shine. For some it's their new cars, some people’s glory is their big business and their wealth, for others it's their pretty face and good looks, their skills and talent’s. These things are indeed a form of glory, but it's a glory that fades. No one looks young forever, cars go out of style after a wile, when you die someone else is going to use your money, nevertheless we shouldn't look to the worlds understanding of beauty because the world is cold. They'll tell you that you're only beautiful when you look young and your skin is smooth, and that you have to get some kind of physical surgery or wear a certain style to be accepted, but our Creator says "The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the grey head” (Proverbs 20:29). If God accepts us that's good enough, he didn't make anyone ugly, what may be undesirable to one is beautiful to another, nevertheless, David said God is his glory. We should never trust to our looks and physical possessions to be our glory, when God is your glory your beauty never fades, even in the 'flower passed age' of your life (1 Corinth 7:36) when God is your glory there will be something about you. There are plenty of physically beautiful people out here with nasty attitudes, and dead minds that walk with corrupted spirits, that's why Jesus says to cleanse first what's within the cup and platter, so the outside may be clean (Matt 23:26), when the heart and the soul is fine, we’ll have no problem with the outer things.

God says that he beautifies the meek with salvation (Psalms 149:4), and the instruction of your father and Law of your mother will be "-an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck." Proverbs 1:9.

Lifter up of my head- This is encouragement, strength, comfort, and when the Lord is the lifter up of your head you have perfect uplifting. To depend on a husband for this is not enough. To depend on a wife or a close friend for this is not enough, because man can fail you, but "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." (Psalms 118:8).

So let’s remember that everyone has the glory that fades, but let the Lord be your glory so that your beauty will never fade.
Simon

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:55 pm

Are you related to that Apostle?

This is really good for me. I've always heard that portion in Gospel songs but to really hone in on the lifter of my head part was key for me. Thanks Simon.

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby Simon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:52 pm

Glory to our savior Jesus Christ...
Simon

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth