Lasting Legacy: My Spiritual Journey

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Lasting Legacy: My Spiritual Journey

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:56 am

This week I started a study on Wednesday evenings entitled, “Lasting Legacy: Making A Difference With My Life. I thought I would share with you here on a weekly basis this study. This first session shares the importance of sharing our spiritual journey with others. It is part of our living legacy and will be the legacy many of us will leave for others to remember us by. The text comes from Galatians 1:11-24.

We have come through a season of gift giving. But one of the most precious things we can share with another is the story of our spiritual journey.

It is an important gift. The saying is true, “No man is an island.â€
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:54 am

Excellent study, and I look forward to the next section. It really is amazing how God can take our past mistakes and misdeeds and turn them into something that can help another.

It's so true that even people with hardly any "past" can help others. God will bring certain people into your radar and give you the opportunity to share, relate, or simply listen to them.

I liked the bit about not just sharing the bad parts of your past. Sadly enough, sometimes I sense that some people get a certain kick out of telling others how bad they used to be - like they were proud of their sins. I'm sure that God can still use these people, even if their heart is in the wrong place (or maybe just a little off target). Isn't there a verse about God still working through people who teach His Word for their own personal glory? Something to the effect of 'don't mind *how* the Good News is being shared- rather rejoice that it *is* being shared ... Anyone know the one I'm thinking of?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:08 am

Found it! ^_^ Paul says in Philippians 1:15-18...

(15) Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: (16) The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; (17) but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. (18) What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

Is this what you had in mind, Gypsy?
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby The Grammarian » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:22 am

Gypsy--yeah, it's Philippians 15, 18: "Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will;...What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice, yes, and I will rejoice" (NASB).
The Grammarian

Doh!

Postby The Grammarian » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:23 am

TheMelodyMaker wrote:Found it! ^_^ Paul says in Philippians 1:15-18...

Is this what you had in mind, Gypsy?

That's what I get for slacking off.
The Grammarian

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:50 am

Yes, that'd be the one! Thank you both. Think that counts for someone giving a "tinted Testimony" as well?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:02 pm

Certainly sounds that way to me -- in either instance, Christ's name is still getting preached.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rev. Doc » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:06 pm

Super observations guys. It also brings to mind that fact that when it comes to sharing about our spiritual journeys and/or testimonies, we are not in competition with one another but are all working together for one purpose, God's Kingdom. Your Scripture broght to my mind another found in

Mark 9:38-41:

"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us." "Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward."

No matter what denominational flavor we are if Christ is the center and driving force of our lives we are on the same team.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:50 pm

Good teaching there Rev. Doc. Thanks for the encouragment.

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby The Grammarian » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:47 am

Rev. Doc wrote:No matter what denominational flavor we are if Christ is the center and driving force of our lives we are on the same team.

Speaking of flavor, I hear Baptists taste like strawberries. Any Baptist want to help me test that theory? :lol:
The Grammarian

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth