What God showed me

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

What God showed me

Postby kyoto » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:21 pm

Hello Its me just a tippical nerd that started to get in to this game and I need some advice. the game is known as D&D Dungens and Dragons. At frist it was a cool idea but something seemed weird, I got more into it and realized that it is pretty evil. I tried to justify it but I found it extreamly hard after a while. I even bought the new PC game they had and found even more satanic stuff in it. So if anybody knows anything at all about it, reply to this and me and others about it. While I was playing it I felt that God was very displeased with me and so I decided to quit cold turkey on it. So tell what you know and help keep other christians that would try it informed of the evil I saw in it and hopefully build one another up.

Love in Christ,
Kyoto
Behold though the flames of the battle of life stands the the general Kyoto-the ballista of God!!!
However; he is not alone for he always battles by the Lords side
kyoto

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:53 pm

Don't give up! Following your conscience can be hard, but in the end you'll be glad. :D I'm proud of you for trying to do the right thing.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:08 am

Uh, the "satanic" connection and D & D is really just an urban legend, kyoto. But if you're getting bad vibes, then it's probably a good idea for you to stop. If you like, PM me and I can give you some Wikipedia articles on how that whole legend got started.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:42 am

Dungeons and Dragons is unlike video games and movies because anything that's in it is put there by the players. Players that want satanic things in their games can certainly find resources to help them put them there, but Christian players are under no obligation to include such content and can even make God-centered campaigns and characters.
Cap'n Nick

Postby dyzzispell » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:34 am

To me, it's a lot like the Harry Potter buzz. I really wouldn't want my kid getting into Harry Potter, but when he is an adult, or at least a teen, (when he's old enough to stop trying to pretend it's real) then he can decide for himself. I think D & D is similar. (Although some people never outgrow that pretending-it's-real stage.)

However - there is something very important to be said about personal conviction. If you feel that there is something bad about Dungeons & Dragons, or Harry Potter for that matter, then you must follow your own convictions first. God might be telling you something he hasn't told other people around you yet.

For example, if I don't see a problem with drinking alcohol, but you do, and we go out somewhere and I have a drink and encourage you to get one too and get over your "silly outdated beliefs", and you have a drink because of me, then you just sinned. Whatever is not done out of faith is sin (check Romans 15).

Point being, I don't myself see a problem with D&D. Because then I would have to have a problem with Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Star Wars, and anything else that has mystical/magical things in it. (It's what a person does with it that can make it evil - but that could be said for anything, if it's an obsession.) If seems evil for you, then it is. End of story. Don't let anyone tell you different. XD
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:06 am

dyzzispell wrote:To me, it's a lot like the Harry Potter buzz. I really wouldn't want my kid getting into Harry Potter, but when he is an adult, or at least a teen, (when he's old enough to stop trying to pretend it's real) then he can decide for himself. I think D & D is similar. (Although some people never outgrow that pretending-it's-real stage.)

However - there is something very important to be said about personal conviction. If you feel that there is something bad about Dungeons & Dragons, or Harry Potter for that matter, then you must follow your own convictions first. God might be telling you something he hasn't told other people around you yet.

For example, if I don't see a problem with drinking alcohol, but you do, and we go out somewhere and I have a drink and encourage you to get one too and get over your "silly outdated beliefs", and you have a drink because of me, then you just sinned. Whatever is not done out of faith is sin (check Romans 15).

Point being, I don't myself see a problem with D&D. Because then I would have to have a problem with Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, Star Wars, and anything else that has mystical/magical things in it. (It's what a person does with it that can make it evil - but that could be said for anything, if it's an obsession.) If seems evil for you, then it is. End of story. Don't let anyone tell you different. XD

Well put, dyzzie. Too bad we don't have an applause button. Even though I disagree with your apparently negative opinion towards Harry Potter (if I misread you, I apologize), I feel you put that very well.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby dyzzispell » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:07 pm

rocklobster wrote:Well put, dyzzie. Too bad we don't have an applause button. Even though I disagree with your apparently negative opinion towards Harry Potter (if I misread you, I apologize), I feel you put that very well.

No, no - my fault, I wasn't clear. I meant to say that I have enjoyed the Harry Potter movies so far, although I felt the last one got a bit darker. I haven't read any of the books. All I meant to say was that I wouldn't probably allow my kids to get into it - because when you are young you always pretend stuff is real. I can't really say I like the thought of them pretending they can put spells on people. (I realize there are other things that I'd have to not allow my kids to watch too that fall into that same category. XD ) And besides, I think they are a little too dark and scary for a child. But that's my opinion.

I like the series myself, for the most part. We own the first 3 DVDs. XD
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Well, like I said. I apologize.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby kyoto » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:53 pm

Those are all good thoughts,I also belive what diZZy said, like the hole Pokemon craze others thought it evil over false sayings that wasnt true and I belive anything can be evil if it replaces God. Ive played this game for almost a year now but The fact that there are pagen gods dont afect me but to get certain stuff on it you have to worship one are more of these gods and I find that replacing God. The whole " satanic" thing is becouse I played a christian in a wrold of pagens and the dudes I played with made it satanic , kind of.
Behold though the flames of the battle of life stands the the general Kyoto-the ballista of God!!!
kyoto

Postby kyoto » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Those are all good thoughts,I also belive what dyzzi said, like the hole Pokemon craze others thought it evil over false sayings that wasnt true and I belive anything can be evil if it replaces God. Ive played this game for almost a year now but The fact that there are pagen gods dont afect me but to get certain stuff on it you have to worship one are more of these gods and I find that replacing God. The whole " satanic" thing is becouse I played a christian in a wrold of pagens and the dudes I played with made it satanic , kind of.
kyoto

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:04 am

Well, then you need some players who see it as a game, not as a new religion. Luckily, there are players like that. I knew some in college.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby kyoto » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:43 pm

But how can one who whats an rpg thats has what ever I whant in it ( like D&D) that veiw it this way, and how do we make it a way to not only please God,but a ministry tool. that would be fun.O.o
kyoto

Postby Wind » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:49 pm

I completely agree with you Kyoto we could totally make games like that that's why I want to become a game designer and use my art skills for god so christians have cool video games to play too
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:53 pm

That's quite a challenge. Good luck in finding and creating possible solutions!
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby kyoto » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:42 pm

My brother whants the same thing in gaming
kyoto

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth