My baptismal testimony

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My baptismal testimony

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:49 pm

hey guys. i got baptised two weeks ago but i never realized that there was a section on this forum to post your testimony. anyways, here's mine:

I grew up in a typical Christian household. My dad was a pastor and I was used to doing all the things an ordinary Christian family would do. Praying before meals, going to church, memory verses, worship songs, and even celebrating Jesus’s birthday of Christmas day, were all things I was accustomed to. I would play around at the dinner table while my dad prayed for the food, and I would mess around during Sunday school. I thought church was just something that we did every Sunday, and it soon became a weekly thing for me. Although the Bible stories kept me interested, I didn’t really take them seriously; and though the songs we sang were fun I didn’t understand most of them. The only thing that I really looked forward to, when I went to church, was the snack.

I first came to know Christ when I was around four years old. One day, I was in my bed listening to my sister read the story of how Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead three days later. After she finished reading the story to me, she asked if I wanted to accept Jesus into my life and become a Christian. However, my sister didn’t really explain things very clearly so I didn’t quite understand what she was asking. However, I knew that as her younger brother, it would be best to simply say yes, so that she wouldn’t be mad at me. She had also told me that I didn’t accept Christ, I would go to Hell and suffer in a pit of eternal fire, after I died. After I said yes, my sister got up and ran to my parents’ room because she knew that I would be going to Heaven when I died. My mom later came to my room and explained to me the story of Jesus more clearly. Afterwards, she asked me if I wanted to ask Jesus Christ to come into my life, as my personal savior. I agreed and then we prayed to God.

When I first became a Christian at the age of four, my mind was not mature enough to fully grasp the concept of being a Christian. That concept was being identified with Christ, as one who was once a filthy and shameful sinner, who is now righteous in God’s eyes (because he has confessed his sins and has received Christ into his life.) Nothing really changed. My view of church wasn’t any different. I still didn’t take it very seriously. I wasn’t much better around my, non-Christian, friends at school either. Every summer, I would invite my friends from school to come out to VBS, but when they’d come, I would mess around with them during the classes, and thus, hinder my friends from hearing about God.

My relationship with God began to change when I was in sixth grade. I began to realize that there was something different between me and my non-Christian classmates. Many of them swore, made crude jokes and remarks, and participated in vulgar discussions. Unlike my classmates, I would make an additional attempt to avoid taking part in these types of conversations. Yes, it was good that I grew up in a family that exercised good morals and manners. However, it wasn’t this aspect that separated me from the rest of my classmates as it was the fact that my classmates knew and acknowledged that I was a Christian and that I attended church, thus they would make an extra effort not to swear around me. As I began to attend TIGS (Teens in God’s Service) every Friday, I found that I would fool around less during class and try to pay attention more to the speakers.

The first year I went to CBM camp, I began to realize that worship was more than just singing songs. It was a way of expressing thanks and praise to God for his many wonderful aspects, and also for sacrificing his only son as a substitution for our sins. When I got back home from CBM that week, I noticed that I would make an extra effort, during Children’s Worship, to sing from my heart, and not just mouth the words, or mumble unenthusiastically. My relationship with God began to grow much more personal. It wasn’t simply something that was thrust upon me by my parents. I had chosen to become a Christian from my free will because I had faith in God and in his word. And I knew that Jesus, who had lived a blameless and holy life, died on the cross as a substitution sacrifice for my sins and rose from the dead three days later.

When I was first confronted with the idea of getting baptized, all I really knew about it was that you had to go up in front of everyone and talk about how you became a Christian. I didn’t feel that this was worth it, if you had to make a big speech in front of everyone, so I decided that I would never get baptized. However, as I grew, I learned that being baptized was more than just giving a speech and getting dunked; and that the juice and cracker were more than just a light snack during church. Even so, I would simply use the excuse of being too young, and not wanting to give a testimony in front of a lot of people, as a justification for not getting baptized.
I am taking the step of water baptism, not only because I think that I am ready to, but also because it is a command of God and of Jesus Christ; as it says in Matthew 28:19. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.â€
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:54 pm

Quite the story there, I am very glad you accepted Jesus and I hope your life will be filled with great things. That you will set a nice example and that you will help many people.

God bless you :)
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:33 am

:jump: Glad to see you saw the light. And once again, welcome to the happiest family on Earth--God's family! :hug:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Cap'n Nick » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:15 pm

Congratulations on receiving one of God's greatest gifts! May your faith be strengthened and preserved by this act of God's calling.
Cap'n Nick

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:40 pm

Hooah! Welcome to the family! :jump:
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth