An unexpected result

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

An unexpected result

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 am

I had a tough time with my Church History exam two months ago.

I had a lot of difficulty answering the essay question about one of Charles Finney's 1875 lectures. For one, I work full time and study part time. It is hard for me to make the time to look for primary source documents such as the one I was tested on, because my college's library sometimes do not have these documents, which means I need to drive around to other theological colleges and try out their libraries.

Then, if I wish to borrow those documents to read at home (some of the are over 50 pages in length, meaning I can't hang around the library and just read through it, especially if I have to go to work the next day), I would need to pay a borrower's fee, which can be around two hundred dollars per year.

Then there is the problem of reading some twenty pieces of primary source documents (at a minimum) in addition to class notes and the textbook. Time is not on my side...

Anyway, I knew if I passed it would be by the skin of my teeth, and mentally prepared myself to study for the supplementary exam if I was offered the chance, or take another subject to make up for the lost marks.

When I arrived home from work today, there was a letter from my college. I knew it would be the academic transcript for the year. As I opened the letter, I thought to myself "Whatever will be, will be. Just take it like a man and don't stress about it.".

It turns out that I got a Credit, two grades higher than a Pass. I think God's telling me something.
Sammy Boy

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:44 am

Amen!

That is fantastic news, UltraMagnus! I'm really happy for you and I'm glad that God gave you such a good mark after your worry and difficulty in the essay.

:hug:

God bless ya heaps.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:20 am

I've been there before^^ Wrote 2 essays and one I was SO sure I did an amazing job on and one I totally struggled through, and ended up getting a mark on that one. Another time I took FOREVER to really go through this one essay and even got an extension since I was sick and missed the due date, and ended up getting perfect marks on it (which is SO SO rare for me).

So yeah those are great times, aren't there?^^ God is good! I've seen Him do so much lately with my schooling in this semister alone when I was stressed from havign 3 classes and work weekends. He gave me some slack (although I did take some days for granted because I was so burnt out and just needed to relax) and He's still doing His thing and just... He's so amazing and good to us, huh?^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:39 am

Thanks CreatureArt! Yes, God is good to us. In my experience, I have never felt that He would force me to do things I did not want. He has never strictly commanded me to do things. I have always felt that He got me to see things His way through His love and the good things He has done for me. Through that I felt so grateful, it convinced me to live and strive for Him.
Sammy Boy

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth