As the semester draws to a close...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

As the semester draws to a close...

Postby PigtailsJazz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:08 pm

...of course this isn't assuming you all operate by a calendar with semesters. Still...

Please share how what God has been teaching you this semester, or what great things He's done! I personally had been so busy that I hadn't bothered to look back and reflect on the great things He'd done until in my bible study we were doing the summary. I looked back on the notes from the first week and thought, 'Whoa! How could I have missed this???'

God has been teaching me so much and so visibly this semester. I entered the semester bitter, stoic and stuck in a wealth of legalism. I had conjured up this idea that caused much pain and distrust in my mind, believing that despite the fact that I was a believer, God didn't want me. I relayed this idea onto my roommate one day, to which she replyed "THAT is the biggest lie EVER!" Now, that freaked me out (because she's generally very quiet, and she said this VERY loudly), so I began to think about it. And gradually, over the semester, I've come to realize how untrue that idea inside my head was. As a result of this, my view of God has changed drastically; I trust Him, I am developing an expanding view and understanding of His grace. I have learned that God would like us to be happy, though that's definitely not the goal (I had believed God didn't want anyone to be happy...ever.).

Also, the dad of a close friend of mine accepted Christ this semester. ^_^

There's so much more, but....

tell me what God has done in YOUR life! :)
PigtailsJazz

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth