Help on love

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Help on love

Postby Tigerchu » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:29 pm

Kind of embarrassing to say(type), but I need help. I"m not sure if I love God, even a little, I am just learning to "love". I would like to know how to love Him. And if I DO love him, than how can I get my love for Him to grow? Thanks for any help I get.
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Alice » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:40 pm

Well, I know love isn't just a feeling, and since you care about it, I think you probably *do* love God. Sorry I can't be more help right now...
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:50 pm

Be honest with him, talk to him often, read the Bible more, discuss verses with others, serve people, show unconditional love to everyone. None of this is possible without strength from God. But all show that you love Him. Learn to enjoy His prescence, His love, who He is. Then work from there. God Bless!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:28 am

Thanks for answering me.
Have faith

-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Hakaii » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:32 pm

ok, I hope this helps. and I hope this doesn't sound corny but...

you know that tingly feeling you get when you see a certain movie or hear a certain song? the goosebumps you get when the breeze hits you? etc? well, try to LIVE in that moment and contemplate what the believe God is like. for me, I had to learn to love myself and respect myself and then I realized that God made me out of love. and well...
MY World of Warcraft character:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=Min%C3%A1to&r=Cenarius&ST=US-2191607-NLVS5sjRN3JDCotGsxVmv1ff9ZkZSGYRVta

I'm not megamaniacal... I'm as good as I say I am!!!
Hakaii

Postby Kura Ookami » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:48 pm

God is love so how do you love love itself? Perhaps just by comtemplating that question you might be able to find the answer within you. Try just contemplating on love for say five minutes a day and the answer you're seeking might come to you. Maybe write a letter to God and then letting Him speak to you through the holy spirit might work?
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby kaji » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:17 pm

I agree with W4J. Loving God is not always a fluffy emotion. We show our love to God by what we do with the lives he has given us. Showing love to God is a concious decision that we make each day.
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Ryupower » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 pm

PRAYER and Worship.

Take a look at John 14-15 and maybe 16, dry phases always received water that way by me. I'll pray, remember to put nothing before Him, all idols must go! And are you willing to do whatever He tells you?
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby Tigerchu » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:02 pm

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

My love is growing:)
Have faith

Tigerchu

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth