I think this is where i should post this...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I think this is where i should post this...

Postby Artist4Jesus89 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:02 am

Ohkay sunday in church i was to preach in sunday school and so i came up with this one well it was more God than anything else and anyways please tell me what you think!

(btw im not so good at punctuation as some of you know but anyways yeah)

Hearing God

by Heather Duenas

Some people hear God ... but they dont really HEAR him, in other words they dont listen to him...
Maybe there is something in your life that God wants to you to give up... but you really dont want to, so you push it aside and dont listen ... ( JEREMIAH 6:16-19) but when it comes to your wants and needs in life, you want God to do like stuff for you and give you things you really want him to... what does that say about you .... you expect God to give you something when you wont give Him what he wants, its all about you and your wants and needs, God says he will provide for you but you need.
You want God to heal you?
You want God to bless you?
Well what does HE want from you and why wont you give it to him?
Whether its a habit, or music, or whatever... why wont you give it up to Him?
Oh is it because it feels good, or you just dont want to give up something that you are used to.... because its to hard? Malachi 1:13
Because you never LISTEN you dont really hear him, what he really says, and what he wants you to hear, you choose what you hear even if it isnt from God, so you go through your life blind to the will of God because you wont give up that thing and listen to him...
Sometimes you hear his voice and you know its him and you acctually allowed him to speak to you but your to scared to do something about it... you just want to stay in your own comfort zone because you think that people will think you are weird or whatever ... some people even do that in church... but if you are going to just stay in your comfort zone God wont be able to work through you and he may do something to make you get out of your comfort zone your walk with Christ isnt about comfort zones or the familiar you need to understand this.
Hate to break it to you but living for Christ isnt comfortable or convient, you may have to do things when you dont want to and if you listen to him you will have to do it i mean that is the way living for him goes ...your old man has died and now its Christ that lives through you not the other way around.
Dont try to tell God what you want him to do until you ASK him what you can do for him, or what you can give up because it may be what you havent given up yet that is preventing you from Christ's will in your life.
Hearing his voice is simple ... just listen instead of doing all the talking God knows what you need and he is way more prepared to give it and speak to someone who acctually listens to him and his voice.
When people dont hear from God they assume God doesnt want to speak to them, or its not God will for him to speak to them, which yes it can be true there are times of silence, but its not true that God doesnt want to speak to you because he does and even have conversations with you but you have to let him, and search your heart before you go to him... what can you give up that would make it easier to hear him?
Sin is like spiritual soundproof glass, meaning you cant hear God through it sometimes you can hear bits and peices but not the whole sound.
Sometimes when you give up things to hear Gods voice you will be standing alone here in this world but God is with you no matter how alone you feel.
He DOES want to talk to you and become closer to you no matter your feelings you just have to let him.
Jesus didnt die for you half way so he doesnt want half your life.

Sometimes God has to go over things with you many many times until you get it because you think that you have it all figured out when you really dont.

There you are, that was my sermon ... whatcha think... i really related to all of this from my experiences and everytime i think about it i can relate a new one!!!
Artist4Jesus89

Postby Ryupower » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Thank you very much for this! I really needed that. :)
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:39 pm

That was good... I know I've been there in that place many times myself, because it can be easy to be wrapped up into your wants in needs, rather than what he has planned, with whatever it may be. It sure is something to really think and pray on.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth