So I got in my first car accident today...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

So I got in my first car accident today...

Postby Slater » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:57 am

Well, my first -real- car accident, that is. I've lightly nudged parked cars before when I stupidly attempted to get into a parking spot that was clearly too small for anything larger than a motorcycle, but this today was an actual accident involving the actual road, another actual driver behind the wheel, and me. Yes, it's your classic fender-bender at 20-25 mph while the car I ran into came to a sudden stop. See, there were people on the side of the road and I saw someone wave to me, so I did and the next thing I know my car is wedged under the other car after a jolting bang.

So I get out with my wallet and begin asking for proof of registration, etc that you are supposed to get when you get into an accident like that. I didn't get through the question before my life flashed before my eyes. He stood at 6 foot 3, had arms that were roughly the size of my waist (all muscle, at that), and was reciting every four letter word in the book by heart. It was quickly clear that I had rear-ended the one person in San Francisco who I should not have rear-ended.

So I'm standing there, kinda holding my car door as a makeshift shield for fear, trying to keep my cool and act professional about it all. Professionalism is clearly not on this guy's mind.
Me: "Sir, are you ok?"
Him: "Why don't you watch where you're * going??"
Me: "Yes, I know, sorry." (note to younger drivers, under normal circumstances NEVER say sorry on the scene or else you lose in court)
Him: "I aught to rip your * head off and" etc etc etc.
Me: "Yes sir." *don't react to what he has specifically, but don't verbally ignore him*

Somehow, such exchanges went on for about 6 minutes, ending up in no exchange in information. He goes over and checks out his car. "You're lucky today you little punk, cause there's no damage to my car." Sure enough, besides a little messed up paint on his bumper, there was absolutly no damage to his car. So, seconds later, he speeds away and out of sight.

It's no wonder that I survived the accident, but it is a miracle that I survived that guy's anger without him laying a finger against me, physically or figurativly in a legalistic manner. I really don't know how he could have exploded so fast and then just as fast drive away without doing anything, so I'm gonna call it as "act of God." I am a professional martialartist, but that really can only go so far when you're being towered over by a man built like Hulk Hogan. Almost as mysterious is how neither car sustained damage... especially considering the car I drive now has proven itself in past years to crumple easily in such situations.

Heck, it's like it never happened. Like a bad dream or something. I can't yet fully understand it, but I am thankful...
Slater

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:08 am

Hey, stuff happens in life. Don't worry it was not inntentional and I think you acted superbly considering the situasion.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:32 pm

That's... amazing!

The only accident I've been in while driving involved a slow moving car driven by me, and a guard rail, and that certainly wasn't damageless!
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Yeah Sam, you left quite a mark on your record didn't you? And on the door, and guard rail.

That's lucky Slater. It certainly sounds like God helped you out, kudos on keeping your cool.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Artist4Jesus89 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:27 pm

Yeah about that sorry thing yes yes and yes i know from experience DONT SAY IT you will get the darn ticket even if its not your fault but i ahve been in your situation man it bites although my van sustained a great dent nobody was hurt by the grace of God and im saying that what you went through would have scared me even worse id been like uhhh HI umm yeah *hides under car* that was def a God thing
Artist4Jesus89

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth