For those who doubt and struggle

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

For those who doubt and struggle

Postby Destroyer2000 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:05 pm

This is something I felt I should post for all of us, since we all doubt our faith, beliefs, and salvation from time to time.

As many of you know, I have been going through an extremely hard time lately. I have doubted, been scared senseless at the thought of Hell, and the realization of what eternity really was. And through all this, Satan was right beside me pushing me further into doubt. I have prayed, and done many things. I also wondered if anyone else ever felt like I did, and so the thoughts entered my head and I doubted even more.

I have this book called, "God's Hall of Fame" and a little 30 day devotional I have been reading. I read God's Hall Of Fame last night, and came across a story about a man named Paul Bunyon. He, like me, had doubted his faith all throughout his life. He spoke of the on-off nature of human faith, and is the author of many Christian books. All throughout his doubt, he continued to allow God to use him for His purposes. When he died near the age of fifty, lying on his deathbed, he was calm and joyful as he awaited his mansion. After going through his periods of dread, fear, doubt, and then his periods of joy and peace, he had finally grown strong enough. All the ordeals made his faith grow and increase.

Also, the devotional had one about optimism. It said to focus on your hopes and dreams, instead of your fears and doubts.

I share many of the same traits that Paul Bunyon did; the periods of fear and doubt, the periods of joy and peace. I have come to realize that even though it can be hard to believe, these ordeals we go through will make your faith grow.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Silent Hunter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:12 pm

That is very true. It seems that we do all end up feeling that way from time to time, doubting if we are truly where we should be with God. I felt the same way about a year ago. I was really doubting if I was saved. b/c I had been saved when I was 4 or 5 years old, I didn't really have much memory of a special feeling of being turned around from a life of sin. so I reafirmed (or whatever you want to call it) my salvation, sat down with my parents and made double sure and prayed to God about it.

In the end though, it's an issue of belief. If we believe, then we will be saved. He already did the saving. There's nothing we can do beyond believing that will save us.

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:33 pm

I struggled with doubt and anxiety a lot too, still do a bit. But letting God use you in your weakest is the best thing you can do for him.
Great stuff Destroyer, that's awesome! A real testemant of God's love and mercy.

I'll be praying for you mate. (off to Japan now) Seeya!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Actually, I should probably start a prayer thread about this, but I dunno. >.>;;

Anyway, I am currently smack dab in the middle of those doubts you are mentioning. Not as to the existence of God (I am firmly convinced of His existence), nor the existence of Christ or his divinity (of which I am also convinced). My doubts are a little bit tougher to explain, and also border quite heavily on theology, so...I won't get into them here. ^^;;

Couple this with my frustration of a personal sin problem I continually have, that I have prayed for help for numerous times, for a long time, and it gets kind of rough. I don't want to sin, I know He doesn't want me to sin, I pray for the strength to stop sinning, I know God will never allow us to be given more than I can handle, so why do I keep doing it? It's rough, you know?

You're not alone, though, in your doubts and struggles, so...yeah. I don't even know why I posted this... <.<;;

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:10 am

^ It's cool, man. I'll pray for you. And thanks for all of your prayers. Someone once said, "We are so anxious about avoiding Hell that we forget to celebrate our journey to Heaven." That's good advice.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Wow, Pat-chan...that is a very good message...I hadn't thought about it in that light....how very true.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Seppuku » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:28 pm

great advice destroyer2000, i often confuse myself do to my insane brain philophisising eveything i see, hear , and touch, but end the end, my conclusions ussually make my faith stronger the next trip around.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:24 am

kaemmerite - I've been going through the same kinds of things, it sounds like. In fact, that's why I just logged into CAA. I'll be praying for you.

Thanks for sharing, Destroyer. I'll keep these things in mind, and keep you in prayer.
TrigunX89

Postby Denimcat » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:47 pm

I"ve been struggling with this on and off for years. How do we know that the bible is really true? x.x I believe, but I can't even explain why. I wish there were some kind of proof. I just fail at faith. x.x
Denimcat

Postby Ratrace » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:57 am

I think the passage I want gos "When I am weak, then He is strong". Faith is hard sometimes. Think about what God has done for you, e.g healing, personal change in yourself or someone close to you. I can relate Kaemmerite and TX89, I have a few old habits that come back sometimes.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Ratrace

Postby Tigerchu » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:11 am

I keep going through dread, I read something in the Bible and I get scared and wanna know "HUH?? What do they mean I can't call my biological dad "father"??"
Matthew 23:9 "And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven."

And "So do I have to do "clothe the naked, etc." to get to Heaven??"
Matthew 25: 34-36"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'

I"m confused, if someone could help me with these confusions, that would be nice.
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:59 am

quote:All throughout his doubt, he continued to allow God to use him for His purposes. quote

Actually, I was like that(and unfortunately might be like that in the future), unsure, and some might call it "blind faith", by just going with God even though I wasn't sure. But now I know for a FACT that God exists.
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth