Spiritual Gifts Assessment Test

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Spiritual Gifts Assessment Test

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:23 am

Hey everyone. Have you ever wandered what God has called you to do? I have been studying many papers on spiritual tests, and have devised a test you can take to figure out your strong points with God. Please copy and paste the test, take it, and post your results. You'd be amazed with yourself!

The Bible states that every believer is given at least one spirtual gift. "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal."-1 Cor. 12:7. The scripture also states: "And ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall make you free."- John 8:32. The followinjg test will help identify your special gift(s) God has given you to use for His glory. Please use this as a guide, made by man and not by scripture. Read the following statements below and place a number ranging 1-7 to fill as an answer. (1-never, 2-very seldom, 3-seldom, 4-sometimes, 5-often, 6-very often, 7-always) Answer all the questions truthfully, no one is here to jugde you, you are simply finding your strengths.
1. I work well under pressure and can get to the heart of the matter and take decisive action.

2. I am at ease talking to unbelievers about their need of salvation through Jesus.

3. I receive great satsifaction in sharing Christ freely and effectively with nonbelievers.

4. I joyfully assume responsibility for meetinf financial needs in the church.

5. I notice I have a strong desire to meet the practical needs of others.

6. I enjoy taking the leadership of a group where none exists.

7. People regularly express their appreciation of my presence when they are going through tough times.

8. God uses me to build up, encourage, or comfort others Christians by talking with them.

9. The smallness or incignificance of a task is not a consideration in me doing a job that needs to be done.

10. I would like to see the spiritual needs of believers met and am willing to be involved in their growth.

11. I get excited about discovering new insights from Scripture that I can share with others.

12. I am constantly thinking of ways biblical concepts can be presented in an intellible and interesting way.

13. I sense a great deal of understanding with people going through problems and am not weighed down.

14. I have been instrumental in leading others to Jesus.

15. I give cheerfully and freely in the support of the Lord's work without given a specific need.

16. I don't mind helping others evn if they are undeserving and take advantage of me.

17. I feel comfortable with those I witness to become a Christian.

18. I enjoy turning compassion into cheerful deeds of kindness.

19. Other believers are blessed by my ability to effectively communicate the Bible with boldness and clarity.

20. I feel a burden to relieve others of detail work to do their important tasks.

21. I would love to be in the position to equip saints for their work.

22. People have told me I can explain difficult passages in Scripture.

23. I am willing to make decisionsif I am convinced it is God's will, even if others don't understand or disapprove.

24. When someone shares a probelm with me, I am able to share the Word and help them.

25. I am willing to maintain a lower standard of living in order to benefit God.

26. I enjoy working in the background if I can meet the practical needs of others.

27. I can see how different biblical truths relate to one another to form a whole.

28. The sight of misery makes me want to find a way to share God's love to hurting people.

29. I have the ability to minister to others more from the Word than personal experence.

30. I find it difficult to say no to the needs of the church.

31. I am patient with and like to help Christians who are making slow progress in their Christian walk.

32. I can lead a committee in making decisions.

33. I have a conveiction that all I have belongs to God, and want to be a good steward of those things.

34. I enjoy serving others physically or materially to make their burden lighter.

35. I have a desire to help others reach lofty spiritual goals.

36. I want to reach out to people suffering in some special way.

37. I will not compromise the truth at the risk of being critized for being narrow-minded.

38. I find great pleasure in doing things that need to be done, no matter what the task.

39. I easily spot weaknesses and strengths in organized planning.

40. I can detect potencial in people and help them reach higher levels of spirituality.

41. I like going into non-Christian environments to win others to Christ.

42. I would rather provide material resources for a project than preform a manual task.

43. I have a strong sense of compassion for the needy.

44. I have a vision of God's purposes, and a desire to to implement plans to lead others to accomplish them.

45. My strong sense of compassion for the needy drives me to action.

46. I don't shy away from telling about God's punishments and love.

47. I see myself in a place of supporting ministry than those leading.

48. I am willing to work hard for the unity of others.

49. I find it easy and enjoyable to intensely study the Bible and organize my thoughts systematically.

50. I would be willing to spend some time each week in a counseling ministry.

51. I see groups of people come to Christ because of my witness to them.

52. I believe I give specific causes it is an answer to someone's prayer.

53. I find myself looking for oppurtunities to help other people.

54. I would be blessed to take part in ministry to those who suffer physically.

55. When situations are not right, I am burdened to speak to correct them.

56. People have expressed gratitude for relieving them of some responsibility that they may witness better.

57. I receive great joy being able to disciple a group of Christians.

58. I feel good defending biblical principles despite opposition or ridicule.

59. I would rather deal with someone having problems personally then sending them to someone else.

60. I enjoy talking to people about their spiritual development.

Now that you have finished, go by each of the ten gifts, find the number, and on a separate sheet of paper, write down the numbers for that topic. Then add the numbers together and place it under the spot that says TOTAL. When you have done them all, pick your top three. The highest score is your main gift.

NUMBERS (some of these were cut off) TOTAL GIFTS
6, 23, 32, 39, 44 = Administration/Leadership
3, 14, 17, 41, 51 = Evangelism
15, 25, 33, 42, 52 = Giving
16, 26, 34, 45, 53 = Helping
18, 28, 36, 43, 54 = Mercy
19. 29, 37. 46, 55 = Prophesy
20, 30, 38. 47, 56 = Service
21, 31, 35, 48, 57 = Shepherding
1, 12, 22, 27, 58 = Teaching
24, 40, 50, 59, 60 = Exhortation

Now that you know what your gift is, here is a little background on it.
Administration/Leadership: the ability to organize and guide programs for God and to envision His wants and set forth to accomplish them. ( 1 Cor. 12:28 & Rom. 12:8)
Exhortation: the ability to motivate others with words to live Christian lives. ( Rom. 12:8)
Evangelism: the ability to present the gospel to unbelievers in a way that they respond and accept Jesus. ( Eph. 4:11)
Giving: the ability to support God's work by material contributions. ( Rom 12:8)
Helping: the ability to see the needs of others and respond to them. ( 1 Cor. 12:28)
Mercy: the ability to empathize with others and give compassion in acts of service. ( Rom. 12:8)
Prophesy: the ability to proclaim and apply God's truth so believers and unbelievers are convinced. ( 1 Cor, 12:10, 28)
Service: the ability to serve others in practical ways that they may glorify God. ( Rom. 12:7)
Shepherding: the ability to oversee the spiritual lives of others and guide them to spiritual growth. ( Eph. 4:11)
Teaching: the ability to communicate knowledge to others to build up the body of Christ.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby PigtailsJazz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:56 pm

This is really interesting (but some of the numbers aren't there!) I would love to go over the whole thing, but I have to practice clarinet and then have work.... x.x But....I have been told many times I have the gift of Evangelism, so I'm quite curious about what this thing would say.

Interesting..........indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed..... *scratches chin, sips tea*
PigtailsJazz

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Hmm...sorry Pigtails, I forgot to put in the extra questions...I'm working on it, but save it and take it anyway.

My highest when taking it were:
1. Leadership
2. Teaching
2. Exhortation
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby PigtailsJazz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 pm

Tis finally taken! Here's my order (don't worry about the extra questions and whatnot....) as the quiz says....

1. Mercy - 29
2. Evangelism -26
3. Prophesy - 26
lowest.....:
Leadership & Shepherding...

I've gotta say, I never really thought of empathizing with people as a spiritual gift....so that's pretty cool to see. I'm definitely not surprised by the lowest 2...I do NOT like leading people, and shepherding also involves leading people...so......................yeah.
PigtailsJazz

Postby Kaligraphic » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Uh, your own abilities don't really help you with spiritual stuff. In fact, if you think you're strong in an area, God won't really aid you in that area. If he did, you'd think it was your own strength, rather than his, and you wouldn't properly give him the credit.

It's in the areas that you see yourself as weak and lacking in that he'll help you, because you won't get crazy in the head and think that you did it. Pride is a lot more of a barrier to you than lack of ability.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby TallHobbit86 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 pm

cool spiritual gifts test!
1. Mercy - 32
2. Giving - 28
2. Prophecy - 28
2. Teaching - 28
your test mostly holds up with another test i took in high school... in that one, my results were:
1.Teaching
2.Giving
3.Mercy/Exhortation
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:58 pm

Well, thank you...it took me awhile taking those tests and analyzing them....^^;
Phantom_Sorano

Postby TallHobbit86 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:24 pm

yeah, it must have taken a lot of work, but you did a great job! :thumb:
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby SP1 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:15 pm

I was in the process of automating this for convenience, when I noticed some problems. For example, question 1 is not really a Teaching characteristic. I did a web search to see what the cut-off items were. I did not find this exact 60 question list, but here is a complete copy of a pretty big assessment. Several sites also have on-line versions of varying lengths.

Here's a different looking one:

http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?ptid=1&mid=2268
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth