What is your calling?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:55 am

I believe God is calling me to be a Primary School Teacher (doing the course the next 4 years) and remain doing Youth Leadership for the meantime.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby yukinon » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:47 am

I believe that at this moment God is calling me to establish my independence.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby ICE-rocks » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:16 pm

My calling... We'll I'm not 100% sure but Awhile back I watched dragonball z (1st anime show to watch) And I soon started to draw he characters from the show. then every now and then, I would draw other random things. soon I drew out characters for my own storyline. but, I soon gave up and went on to Guitar but I didn't like it so I quit that.

then just last year I decided to give my art skills one last go. And I didn't do half bad, this time I used how to draw books instead of freely drawing my characters. and then one day it hit me. why not make a Manga series. and after going through my random drawings it's like I started (these were not part of my story) Making this before I even knew about. And that's what I thik my Calling is, Making Christian Manga to show you don't need Curse words or half dressed woman to make a good series. And to show even Christian Manga is cool.

Hopefully it will change the world! (lol or just a few manga readers)
I'm back with a vengeance or at least anime studio :thumb:
ICE-rocks

Postby Fionn Fael » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:06 pm

I believe that my calling is to either become a professional writer (fictional novels, series, short stories and the like) or a missionary. Or both. Who knows? Writing is my passion, so I would adore doing it as an occupation, but I feel a strong need to just "get out there" as well, you know? But either way, I know that if I seek God, then He will lead me to where I'm supposed to go. And if He's leading me, I have no doubts about being happy with my life. :)
Formerly known as haru_bay_nay

Avatar by: tinamakesicons(LiveJournal.com)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams." --Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

“To put alcohol in the human is like putting sand in the bearing of an engine." --Thomas Edison

[color="RoyalBlue"][font="Trebuchet MS"]The simplest way that I can understand therapy is that we're born a certain way, we're taught to be something different, and we spend our whole lives trying to unravel it and ultimately align ourselves with who we really are. Life, experiences, traumas -- whatever -- they all add up to make you some altered version of what you are. So there's this battle that goes on between what you are and what you become, and it's been very important for me to unravel what I was taught to be or what I became. and to draw a direct parallel to music -- the closer I get back to being who I really am, the stronger the music gets..." --Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins frontman)[/font][/color]

Adopted by KhakiBlueSocks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fionn Fael

Postby himura_KAORU » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm

I believe that God uses our talents, abilities and Spiritual Gifts for what He has called us to do. He wants us to be effective =D

Each of us, as Christians, have Spiritual Gifts (descrbed in I Corinthians chapters 12-14 & Romans 12:6-8) which are for building us up, & equipping us to build the body of Christ, the Church. (Eph 4:12). We also possess talents and abilities from birth. God uses these as He uses YOU in WHATEVER job or task you are doing.

The most important thing is to keep your eyes on Jesus and live your life in service to others, not to yourself. When you use your gifts and abilties in selfless service to others it is the best way for God to show you where he has called you.

For me, I always felt drawn towards missionary work. In Bible college at Word of Life Bible Institute in upstate New York I presented myself to God asking Him to use me where He wants me. After I was married and started working in various ministries at my church I found that I just LOVED working with kids!

As a teen, I never thought I would have kids of my own...I just hated them T.T But once I gave my life to Chist and started serving children, all I wanted to do was teach kids about Christ! Shortly after I felt a strong calling to missions in Japan. I literally woke up one morning and felt that if I absolutely HAD to start studying the Japanese language! It was completely out of the blue and I knew it was from God.

Thru events that followed my husband and I took a month long missions trip to Japan where our calling was confirmed and now we are missionary candidates with SEND International to Japan^^ I cannot WAIT to get to Japan and work with children in various ways, telling them about Jesus!

My husband and I both believe very strongly that you are called to serve God wherever you are, in any thing you are doing. Pastors, youth leaders, missionaries and evangelists are not special! There is nothing different between serving God as a janitor or serving God as a pastor if you are glorifying Him in the process and sharing the Gospel with those you come into contact with.

I Corinthians 12-14 talks about how the Corinthian church fought over who had what gifts and which gifts were more important. Paul answered by saying, we all have the same Spirit and that LOVE was more important than any of the gifts. Start loving and serving people and you will find your calling.

Thanks for starting this thread! Its always so encouraging to hear stories of how God works in other peoples' lives. I enjoyed reading all the responses.
anata no kaeru basho...
TellJapan.com
himura-KAORU.com
himura_KAORU

Postby Puguni » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm not sure what God wants me to do yet.

I'm being drawn into politics and law. Maybe I'll be a lawyer? :\
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Previous

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth