[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
some thoughts of mission and ministry - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

some thoughts of mission and ministry

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

some thoughts of mission and ministry

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri May 05, 2006 3:09 am

Hey all,

I wanted to share with you all some thoughts I have on mission and ministry. My purpose is to hopefully get you to have another think about how you engage with people outside of the Church in regards to telling them about Jesus Christ.

I have made some comparisons between the traditional church model and the missional-incarnational church, but it is not meant to be a traditional church model bashing article, so please don't take that view as where I am coming from.

It's not written in an academic way, as it doesn't quote / reference points made in a proper manner, but it is rather just some thoughts I have after reading those two books.

It is my hopes that the article will generate reflection, healthy discussion, and encourage you to continue going out there and being the salt and the light amongst people.

Here is the article:
http://wokjai.mybesthost.com/theology_and_faith/missionAndMinistry.html

Thanks for your time.
Sammy Boy

Postby kaze » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:52 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:Hey all,

I wanted to share with you all some thoughts I have on mission and ministry. My purpose is to hopefully get you to have another think about how you engage with people outside of the Church in regards to telling them about Jesus Christ.

I have made some comparisons between the traditional church model and the missional-incarnational church, but it is not meant to be a traditional church model bashing article, so please don't take that view as where I am coming from.

It's not written in an academic way, as it doesn't quote / reference points made in a proper manner, but it is rather just some thoughts I have after reading those two books.

It is my hopes that the article will generate reflection, healthy discussion, and encourage you to continue going out there and being the salt and the light amongst people.

Here is the article:
http://wokjai.mybesthost.com/theology_and_faith/missionAndMinistry.html

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the article!

I've recently become more interested in missions, but talking about my faith with people I know or people in my community is still extremely difficult for me. I agree that times change, and the church needs to as well, even if God never changes, and his message never changes. I'm definately interested in the two books you cited.
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:03 am

Hi Kaze, thanks for your feedback. I think your local Christian bookstore would stock those titles, or you can buy them online over Amazon.

Talking to others about your faith can be tough. A suggestion is to build trust and become friends with those around you first. When they see your genuine lifestyle, they will come to trust you and respect what you have to say. And we may not be around to see the results of what we've done. Some sow the seeds. Others water them. But God makes them grow. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby kaze » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:40 pm

I think I'll have a lot of opportunities in the future, since I'm off to college, and will be meeting new people.
Thanks again!
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:07 am

Not a problem, you're welcome!
Sammy Boy

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth