The overlooked hope of heaven

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

The overlooked hope of heaven

Postby roadoffew » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:04 pm

How often have you heard a sermon on heaven? How it is, what it's like, and why we should think of it? Most likely not. This forum is to discuss just that. I have several things to say on it. I'm going to give bits and pieces of it. I leave each one open to dicussion for a short while and I'll add another fact.

FACT 1
C.S. Lewis Stated it best in his book "The great divorce" which talked about heaven and hell. He noted that when we step into Heaven, we step into God's reality. Therefore, Heaven is not going to seem ghostly or imaginary like so many present it, but it is going to be more real than this world.
roadoffew

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:41 pm

I've heard one but it was sometime ago. The only thing I basically remember the pastor saying was that it will be beyond our wildest imaginations. That there won't be boring harp playing on clouds (and all that) because it wouldn't be much fun. God promises in the Bible that Heaven is the best place ever and I can't disagree. Spending uncorrupted time with my Creator and Saviour in a sinless place, worshipping him and having fun sounds like the place to be.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Wise Dragon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:55 am

Roads of gold, gates of pearl sounds better than fire and brimestone to me.:) Anyhow After the final defeat of Satan and his followers are cast into the lake of fire, it says that every man will be given his own kingdom to rule over. Some people think that during this time we will be able to think of a place anywhere in the universe and then go there instantly. kinda like instant transmition from DBZ.
Wise Dragon

Location: North Carolina (Lost in the vast empty wasteland of my mind.)

Postby roadoffew » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:03 pm

Fact #2
When you take step one into Heaven, The War will be over. Never again will you have to battle your flesh everyday. You will never have to put up with the devil's attacks. You can lay down your weapons. The battle will be over, THE DAY IS COMING.
roadoffew

Postby Slater » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:55 pm

http://www.midiverse.bassmanhost.com/homework/12_04_05.mp3

My pastor gave a sermon on Heaven this past sunday. I think you'll like it.
(save to disk before playing. bassmanhost.com is not good for streaming.)
Slater

Postby CrossMovement » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:59 pm

Slater wrote:http://www.midiverse.bassmanhost.com/homework/12_04_05.mp3

My pastor gave a sermon on Heaven this past sunday. I think you'll like it.
(save to disk before playing. bassmanhost.com is not good for streaming.)

From what I was told in a youth service once.My Youth Pastor saiid that Heaven is a thousand times better than Disney World.Much possibly even more.But a good explanation of Heaven is that God is going to be everywhere.In The Garden of Eden,man was happy and chilled around and God would once around and say hi.(Of course this is my own interpretation on how my own relationship with God..ya know...)But continuing,Heaven is going to be a place thats gonnna be awesome!All I know is if the Rapture happend and the whole thing took place for example:

My youth church calvary,everyone would you know have their gifts and such.Then there would be a party,then I would take the party to my place,then everyone would go to my place,then I would go to other people's places partying and the good thing is,Jesus would be there!There would be fellowship like none other.I can see barbecues in heaven 24/7 up in there while were praising God.And with CAA i can imagine God setting up a place for us so we can all meet and fellowship and also meet God in person and talk about such things and fellowship with our churches and our churches would join together.We'd be able to swim with the most dangerous of the animals and they would be harmless.I have a vivid imagination of Heaven,and the crazy thing is.It dont even come close to what Heaven really is.
[font=Tahoma]98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.[/font]

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. [color=Red]But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
-Matthew: 24: 6-13[/color]
CrossMovement

Postby Syreth » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:35 am

My pastor preached a sermon on heaven just today, about how we have the hope of the sure, inspired prophecy that's inspired by God that says we will be with Him. Something that's awesome about heaven is that it is pretty hard to describe. Paul couldn't describe it and John did his best, but one thing John made a point of in Revelation is that there WON'T be certain things there. The things that won't be there are in Revelation 21:3-5:

3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.â€
Syreth

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth