Just something that was cool

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Just something that was cool

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:35 am

We had a speaker today for school and he is a missionary in the Middle East. The first story he told us was about this Muslim guy who was a follower of Bin laden and wanted to kill every American he ever met. He showed us a pic of him and there was so much hate in his eyes . . . well he said that God just told him to love this man when he me him and show him God's love as well . . . now this man is a Christian and is leading people to Christ all over there. He has been in jaill 4 times becuase of it. The most reccent ail time he had been talking to a government official there about Jesus, the official was so astonished that he would give up his hardcore Muslim ways for Jesus. When the man went in for his court date, the official showed up as his atourney and was able to get him out!
Another story he shared was about a baptist school they started in Kabul. All of the higher ups there sent their children to the school, not because of its religion, but becuase they know their children will get a good education there. Well whenour speaker first me the children in a assembly he told them about God and what they were doing there and asked for any questions. He immediatley got bombarded with hateful things about how they thought America was horrible and 9-11 was a great day for them. He got angry of course and was speechless but God told him to love them and reach in his pocket. In his pocket wa a pic of his children. He changed the subject and told them about his family and passed the pic around. The students were all happy to see his family and were excited as he told them that next year he would bring his children with him to the school. They cheered. Then he said when they got there they could kill them. The room got silent. He pointed at various students and said would you do it? You all just said you hated Americans and wanted to kill us? They then were saying no no no we know you now! They then understood, you need a relatioship. Following this it opened their hearts to the word of God and students all over the school came to Christ, of course without their parents knowledge.
I just think this was so cool that he could go over there and preach to these people who want to kill us and hate us and be able to use that for good and bring them to God!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby kaji » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:59 am

Wow, it sounds like God has definitely blessed him in his ministry.
It always makes me sad when I see all the hate other countries have for us or each other. :(
Well, that was very cool Kisa Tohru. Thanks for sharing. ;)

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:02 pm

That was a great story! ^v^ I really admire that man. Thank You for sharing it!
RoyalWing

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:03 pm

Wow...that was a really enlightening story Kisa. I've started realizing for awhile now that even though these people want to kill us they are still God's children like the rest of us and deserve our love. And that is very very hard for me to say I hope I can still keep that in mind in a couple years...
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Swordguy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:42 pm

thats a good story
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:24 pm

I really enjoyed this story, Kisa. Thank you so much for sharing it. ^___^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth