The Question!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

The Question!

Postby Tamahome » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:43 pm

I know that I have been blessed with many gifts from God, but why is it everytime I recieve a gift from him he takes it back. He gave me the greatest gift of all which was my girlfriend and now wishes to take that too. I am just saying that this is getting a little old and that I need some reassurance. I will continue to pray that we stay together through God's help. In the meantime I wish to thank all that prayed for my mom b/c now she is also coming home "hopefully today". Well thats it for me I think b/c I just couldn't place this in a suitable location so sorry in advance. Thanks.

P.S. The Title refers to why?
Tamahome

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:35 pm

I need to think and pray about this. I know God has His best for you, Tamahome, so please don't give up hope. I'll definitely talk to you later. ^_^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby wiggins » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:25 am

I don't know if this will help, but it's encouraged me before. Rmemember that God has plans to prosper us not destroy us.
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:42 pm

1. I don't think God takes gifts away. He gives gifts and priveledges, and he'll take priveledges away but not gifts. (just my own belief) He also gives things as rewards, and disciplines us as well, and also tests us. He may give you, say, a nice house and let you lose it. He's not being cruel. Losing the hosue fits into a much bigger picture that we can't see, and nothing God does is arbitrary, but it is also a point of testing. Whatever you do, don't lose faith. Praise God in all things good and bad, because for the wisp of a moment we're on earth, there will be a lot of bad times. The bad times are not God's fault, but he can allow them to secure free will, and he will help us through them. We need that strengthening to help those who have not given their lives to him and don't have a divine protection and guiding. Our lives need to be an example to those who are watching us.

2. Not everything that's pleasurable to us is gift. All GOOD things are from God, but good doesn't mean "that we enjoy." I would be very reluctant to call a Girlfriend a "gift" from God... People change their minds, and if she decided she didn't want to be with you, it was her decission and not necissarily God's. God will put a person in your path who is to be your wife if you are to get married, but that doesn't mean that every good female friend he puts in your path is to be that person... That may just be your own bad interpretation of the events.

When you say take away, what do you mean exactly? Is she dying, moving away, or just breaking up with you. If it's either of the last two, I can just say this: God gives us friends. Because she was a good friend did not mean that God wanted you to be with her as a mate. Also, he doesn't always give us our friends "Forever" He'll put people together (sorta) for a time that they both need it, and then you may part until heaven. That's just normal.

If she's dying, I'm very sorry. We live in a fallen world and the natural consequences of mankind's mistakes affect everyone, and the sharpest of these is death. We will all die someday, and while it is tragic for someone young to die, it is in God's timing. Trust God that she would have been given the chance to make the decission of whether to serve him or not, and that she won't have to go through the problems in life anymore. We don't necissarily understand why, but may I suggest something? Spend time with her in her last days, and spend a lot of time praying. Pray that God brings something greater than you could imagine out of this, and that he will comfort you, and thank him for the time you were able to spend with her. Realize that she wasn't given to you to be your wife, but a friend for that amount of time. It's important to thank him for what you were given.

It is natural to feel hurt by God, even if it wasn't his fault you were hurt. He's not scared or offended when you tell him that. I'd say go somewhere by yourself and tell God exactly what's on your mind. That's pretty much what the Psalms were about. Praise him for what he gave you and question what you don't understand. That's the way it should be.

If she is dying, I'm sorry and I'll pray for you. If she's moving or just breaking up with you, it hurts but remember what I said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby DK_Sol » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:20 pm

Bobtheduck is right. But don't losse hope, there might be an other person waiting for you and to be a part of your life. So Cheer up!! :hug:
Night, like a black veil descends now embracing the world around me.
I sleep, yet do not...
your presence is near.
You invade my every dream...
even when I am awake.

DK_Sol

Postby Kisa » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:06 pm

I know how you feel, but God has a plan for you Tamahome and it will be better than anything youcould have imagined. Don't give up hope in Him! I'll continue to pray.
^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth