The hand of the LORD was upon me

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby Simon » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:57 pm

Ezekiel 37: 1- 10

The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

We were in the spirit (Christians) when God let us realize the empty condition the world was in. Carried me out - The Lord brought us here, we didn’t come into this place of great need (bones) on our own. We didn’t ask to live in the ghetto, we didn’t choose to be around the suicidal, abused, prostitutes and the drug dealers.

And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

He let us see in details the condition of man, the crying, the anguish and agony, the pain, the fighting, the heartless and the fainting, the weak and the bruised, the abused, the broken and the empty, there were many in the world, and there condition was very bad (very dry).

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

God asked the Question… What’s your response? Can the drug dealers be saved? Can the prostitutes be changed? Can the thief and the lire become new people? What about the adulterer and the governmental officials that do evil, can they be converted?

Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

Declare what I tell you to say on the dried up lives of men and women, I giving them the ability to listen.

God told us what to say, it’s in his word, memorize it and speak it, and don’t just repeat it, but declare it (prophesy), God is ready to change the condition of peoples lives, but because “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God”, he won’t cause the change until you open your mouth, (Sing, dance, write, draw, preach, teach, lend a helping hand, etc...) Rom. 10: 17

Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

Look, I will cause -breath to enter into you- “My words, they are spirit and they are life” - John 6: 63. Ye shall live- I will give you abundant life

And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Right now sinners are spiritually lame and feeble, unable, full of pain and weakness, but I will -lay sinews- give them ability and -bring up flesh upon you- remove their emptiness and shamefulness, and -ye shall live- they will have abundant life and they will know (by experience) that I am the Lord.

So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

As I was commanded- I didn’t wait until I felt like doing it, I prophesied (ministered) as I was commanded. As Christians we walk by faith and not by sight (feelings).

We can’t fix anything by sitting around, we have to take action, and as we move by faith God shows his power. Don’t wait to feel the anointing to minister, the power isn’t in control of you, God has put you in control of the power 1st Corinthians 14: 32, the anointing doesn’t possess you, you posses the anointing.

So we minister as the Lord laid it on our hearts, and as we do the work, as we share our testimony, as we declare the gospel to sinners people experience the power of Gods anointing and their broken lives come together perfectly, being complete in Christ Jesus. Colossians 2: 10

And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

At times we were discouraged because it looked like our ministry wasn’t doing much, we don’t see the complete change that we expected, but “-when I beheld-” when we looked carefully in Gods face so he can guides us with his eyes Psalms 32: 8, we see the smile on Gods face signifying that he used us to touch somebody’s life.
-but there was no breath in them- At times we see the beginning of what God wants to do, but the work isn’t finished - Mark 8: 23- 25, the soul is convicted, a life is at the borderline of change, God began the miracle but they just need one more touch, one more push, one more prayer, one more message.

Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

Declare what I said I would do, minister some more my child (don’t give up), say my word (the Bible’s words) so the people (slain) can live.

So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

So we obeyed the Lord and continued in our ministry, we continued to sing even though they said we didn’t sound so good, we continued to dance even though they said our ministry wouldn’t go anywhere, we continued to teach even though people said our teaching wasn’t effective and at the end we saw the millions of lives we didn’t know were being touched, delivered, and saved.

I encourage you to move for God and for those of you already moving to continue to take action for him. If we don’t declare what God told us to (minister) the situations won’t change.
Simon

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth