Waiting in prayer...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Waiting in prayer...

Postby Enthralled » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:31 pm

One night about a year ago, I was out in my backyard praying.
And I had been going through a very long time of trial and temptation. I was being bombarded with guilt, condemnation, and confusion, from failing in sin, and also about a month before, my oldest brother was killed in a car accident. So, I was pretty beaten mentally and emotionally.

So, I pointed my fingure up to the heavens and 'drew a line' from left to right in the center of the sky, and asked God, that if His favor was really with me then to send a star shooting across the path that I had marked in the sky. Now, yes, I know what His word says about His forgiveness, and I will stand on His word until the end. But my heart was destroyed so to speak, and I could not for the life of me make myself believe. I needed to see.
So I waited for about 30 minutes or so, and nothing happened. Another 15 minutes, nothing.

So, I pretty much condemned myself for not having enough faith and for not just believing what His word said, and went to go back inside. No, I didn't hear this audibly, but in my spirit, I felt like He was saying "You asked for Me, you better believe that I will answer you!"

So I stayed longer, and waited, then finally I pleaded to Him again, and sure enough, before the words could leave my mouth, the star shot across the sky where I asked for it.

What I would urge everyone to, is to be faithful and diligent in prayer. Do not give up in seeking Him, because He absolutely does hear us! Wait on the Lord! As long as it takes, even if it takes right up until the time when He returns, then wait!

Daniel cried out for understanding concerning a dream he was given, and it took 21 days for his request to be answered, because the angel sent to explain it to him was caught up in a struggle. Don't give up!
All praise and honor be to the Lord God of Israel!! My Redeemer!!
Enthralled

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:51 pm

You know, there's a lot of wisdom the the latter part of that statement. A LOT.

Pretty good testimony there!
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby wiggins » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:35 pm

Thanks! That's really encouraging! I needed that reminder and encouragement!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby EireWolf » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:51 pm

That's awesome.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Kisa » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:44 pm

Wow thats so awesome! God is so good! ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth