Musings of an artist

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Musings of an artist

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Threads like these have often gone downhill rather rapidly for me in the past. Therefore, I'll do my best to keep everything clean-cut and straightforward, as well as non-biased in terms of canon/non-canon content concerning existing work.

Hello. My name is Michael, and I'm an artist.

This thread is where I will regularly (or irregularly, at my personal discretion) make posts concerning literature I have encountered, choice pieces of work I find amusing or intriguing, and excerpts from my own work. As per the rules of the Writing and Member's Projects forums, I will be doing my best to limit graphic language, disturbingly descriptive imagery, and unneeded violence to a minimum. However, please understand that I write a great deal of original work, and therefore I cannot - and, as a writer, will not - always warn you of what lies ahead, as doing so would spoil potential enjoyment of my excerpts. I don't want to rob anyone of the suspense or surprises that may be in store, therefore I warn you that my content as a whole may be inappropriate for younger readers.

If you've read this far, then I must have caught your interest by now. As a working adult, I cannot promise regular updates, but I will write when I can, and I will also try to consistently update ongoing projects. Here are a few things I plan to write about in the near future:

Saints of Berlin
A simple and straightforward fictional story revolving around the haunted town of Old Berlin, a township regularly attacked by various creatures of the night. It will contain fictitious views of religion, as well as the occult (werewolves, vampires, et cetera,) therefore it may be taken down upon request from administration.

Part-Time Superhero
An entirely fictitious story set in the distant future, a world where the constraints of constantly living in a computer-generated world has resulted in the rise of heroes - and villains - who use music to impact the digitized world around them in incredible ways. Relatively tame in comparison to most of my work, but may still contain content unintended for younger readers.

Crossfire
Another futuristic setting, this time set in a very gritty, cyberpunk world. You can expect quite a lot of vital dialogue and quiet moments, although it may be subject to removal at administration's behest.

That's all for now, everyone. Until next time.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Re: Musings of an artist

Postby Zeldafan2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Part-Time Superhero looks really interesting. I'd like you to post that here when you feel it's time to bring it out into the open.
Zeldafan2

Re: Musings of an artist

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to update and let everyone know that I now own my own personal laptop, so I'll be planning to update this thread soon. Thank you all for your patience.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Musings Of An Artist - "Of Temptation" (standalone)

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:11 pm

There are some days that I consider giving myself over to the poison.
Days that I pray to end quickly; days that make me want the wicked pathogen that suffuses every inch of our dark world.
Every step seems a misery; every burden breaks me and brings me to my knees. And there the poison waits. A sickly sweet draught; a toxic remedy, bubbling and hissing even as its tempting fumes draw me near.
The onlookers snicker and whisper to one another as they watch, kicking away my burdens and unshackling me, only to allow me to reach the living death I so desperately crave. They urge me forward, show me the way to the poisoned water's edge. As I lower my head and drink, they jeer and crow, mocking my weakness as they leave me to rot by the water's edge.

It's in this moment that I remember what I gave up for this bittersweet undeath; a gut-wrenching guilt, turning my sinful lust to revolt. "It's too late now," my doubts whisper in my ear. "He'll never love you again."
This is how I find myself, day after day; wallowing, loathing myself, rueing my fate and regretting my actions. And yet still the light reaches my personal hell. If only I would turn...

- "Of Temptation"
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Return to Writing