Naruto Ended in Chapter 700 just now

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Naruto Ended in Chapter 700 just now

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:27 am

I will miss this series, well atleast the anime is still going on and we still have some content to get through which should take perhaps sometime in summer/fall of 2015. the move the last which is considered canon by Masashi Kishimoto himself much like how DBZ battle of the gods is considered canon by Toriyama.

any of you who followed that manga want to share there impression. remember the spoiler tags.

I'm happy to say that the following ships are canon

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Naruto x Hinata with a son and daughter, Sasuke and Sakura with a daughter, Shikamaru x Temari with a son, Sai x Ino with a son, Choji and Kiba ended up with women whom they shared no interaction with, Kiba's girl only had 2 panels in the manga which is the catgirl who live with the cat elder which Sasuke team take visited for weapons. Choji ended up with Karui, one of Killer Bee disciples from the Hidden Cloud with a daughter. Kakashi and Gai seemly still single, Rock lee with what appears to be training with a son(the mother hasnt been shown clearly, could be Tenten
Rzerox21xx

Re: Naruto Ended in Chapter 700 just now

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:15 am

Lol everybody marries everyone.

Good riddance that series ended. Talk about jumping the shark, man... But that being said, it's amazing how young I was when Naruto began and now invested I was in that series. Definitely a part of my adolescence for sure.
Mr. SmartyPants

Re: Naruto Ended in Chapter 700 just now

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:08 pm

I started reading Naruto more than 12 years ago. For that reason alone, I feel like I should participate in this thread.

Ultimately, my largest disappointment with Naruto is how poorly it handled its large cast. I was actually pretty ambivalent about the first major arc, but became interested in the series with the Chuunin exam's number of clans and villages. All those characters were introduced, then proceeded to do very little. The war at the end looked like it might actually create a cast and world, but aside from seeing the other leaders, we didn't get much.

Having said that, I'm not sure how much I'd criticize the ending. Naruto has always been heavy on saccharine sentiment and this is probably the thematically appropriate closing. It at least made an effort to wrap up several core themes and provide some narrative cohesion, and that's more than I've gotten from a lot of manga endings lately.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews