Anyone read Blue Exorcist

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anyone read Blue Exorcist

Postby Rzerox21xx » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 am

considering that the anime goes to a completely different direction after episode 15 and pull a FMA(first series). I been collecting the manga and really love the direction and thinks its better than the anime. I love the Kyoto arc with the Impure King then the mini Beach arc with the Giant squid, then the arc after that with the 7 mysteries of the academy and the Vatican investigating stuff that I don't want to spoiled.
Rzerox21xx

Re: Anyone read Blue Exorcist

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Haven't read the manga. I'm actually on episode 16 of the anime, and so far I love it. I'm considering picking up a few volumes of the manga, since I love the anime so much. It would be interesting to see what direction the manga takes.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Rzerox21xx » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:54 pm

well both soul eater and blue exorcist had the fullmetal alchemist problem and they might do a new anime reboot to follow the manga closely but for blue exorcist, that won't be for a long time. soul eater, the manga is done so they might do that. I always prefer to follow the source material and find the manga always superior to the anime. I haven't watch the anime and don't intend to but notice the fan base and jump on blue exorcist. hopefully the anime will increase the popularity and people will be interested in reading the manga.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Mave » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:01 am

I follow this title and as a manga purist, I think the manga is better than the anime. I <3 the artwork!

I'm not fond of the quasi-religious themes but I do enjoy the diversity & development of the characters. I relate to Yukio quite a bit..while Mephisto is quite an enigma.
Mave

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews