Azumanga Fans Unite!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Azumanga Fans Unite!

Postby TheMewster » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Finished reading Azumanga Daioh a few days ago and interested in getting back into the anime. Any other Azumanga fans? Thanks and God bless you.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Azumanga Daioh is one of my favorite manga ever and I think it is one of the most meaningful and touching things I've read. I watched an episode of the anime and lost any interest in watching it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Here. Fan of both manga and anime. Anime Kaorin needs to go back to what ever other show she came from though.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

I've never read the manga but I loved the anime series. I've read reviews that said the anime is one of the few that translates so well from the manga. I can believe that, if the manga is anything like the anime - episodic, short adventures with no story or character arcs.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 pm

The anime had a great beginning and end. The middle ended up being somewhat hit-or-miss for me. But overall, it was a pretty fun show.
Atria35

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:42 pm

I read the omnibus. It's a funny series, though it has some odd...moments. I'd like to see the anime, especially to here Osaka's accent.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 pm

I'd love to see a sequel version showing what they're up to in college.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:38 pm

rocklobster (post: 1475632) wrote:I'd love to see a sequel version showing what they're up to in college.

But they're all separated and far apart. It just wouldn't be the same :(
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:24 pm

I think the only thing I could want Azuma to do with Azumanga's characters would be a cameo or two in Yotsuba&!. I know Fuuka's t-shirt had Chiyo's dad on it, but it would be incredible to see Yotsuba walking along and bump into Osaka.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TWWK » Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 am

Atria is wrong. Azumanga Daioh is brilliant in its entirety. :P
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon May 02, 2011 3:13 pm

TWWK (post: 1475981) wrote:Atria is wrong. Azumanga Daioh's manga is brilliant in its entirety. :P
Fixed it for you.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheMewster » Mon May 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1473104) wrote:I've never read the manga but I loved the anime series. I've read reviews that said the anime is one of the few that translates so well from the manga. I can believe that, if the manga is anything like the anime - episodic, short adventures with no story or character arcs.

Yep. Manga is a lot like the anime except insteadof big chapters, it's a yonkoma (4-panel comic.) Most scenes in the anime were adapted from these. Plus Azumanga originally aired in 5-minute segments making it have even more of a 4-panel comic feel.
God bless Azumanga Daioh!:P
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby TWWK » Tue May 03, 2011 7:20 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1476151) wrote:Fixed it for you.

Thanks. :P

I've never read the manga, but the anime is wonderful. ;)
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Sapphire225 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 am

I watched the anime, but I've only read small bits and pieces of the first volume of the manga. But I do like the show.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 pm

I personally think it would be cool to see a future generation of students but with the same teachers. Not that they would be complete replacements of the original ones; they would unique in some ways and similar in others.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby mkalv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:39 am

I never saw the anime, but I read the whole manga. I enjoyed it, and found it funnier than his other series, Yotsuba.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews