"Real Books" That Would Make Great Manga Books

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

"Real Books" That Would Make Great Manga Books

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:15 am

Title says all. Discuss what books you think would be good to turn into a manga. I think Romeo and Juliet would make a really good manga, as would the Secret Garden, and Pride and Prejudice.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 am

Little Women would make a great slice-of-life/drama. I KNOW they have one 'based off of' it already, but it's just a shoujo romance with the sister's names thrown onto characters. It's nothing like the book AT ALL.

The Other Boleyn Girl- this one would be controvertial since it does highlight the affair between Mary B and the King, but I feel that the court politics, the coming-of-age, the romance (Ah! The romance, once she's released from being the King's mistress!) would make for an epic manga.

Darren Shan- Waitaminute.... xD

The Chosen- it would be a heavy one that dealt with religion and growing up. But it's a fabulous story.
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 am

Ally-Ann, I believe your suggestions have been made into manga, if not all three, I know at least two of them have been ('Romeo', and 'Pride').
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 am

Psh. I forgot to mention that. Thanks W4J! (but I will say, the RomeoxJuliet manga is terrible. Watch the anime.)

EDIT: Pet Sematary. It would be an epic horror manga.
Atria35

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 am

Frank Herbert's Dune as illustrated by Kentaro Miura.
Fish and Chips

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 am

GK Chesterton's The Man who was Thursday.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:20 am

The Twilight saga would make excellent manga!

Just pulling your legs everyone. :lol:

But seriously, Ender's Game.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 pm

If the book of his I read is any indication of the tone of the rest of his work, pretty much anything by Simon R. Green would make for some crazy manga.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby steenajack » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Rose Daughter or Beauty:...honestly, I just want to see the Beauty and the Beast story told in a beautiful anime/manga format. Plus, Rose Daughter is such a beautifully described story. I would LOVE to see a talented artist illustrate the enchanting world Robin Mckingly created.

Dragon Keeper Chronicles:.....okay, I'll admit that I'm biased because I love this series so much. But, I think it would be pretty cool. :)

Eragon: YES! Because the movie sucked compared to the book. XD!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Maledicte » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 pm

<.<
>.>

Maledicte by Lane Robin. :sweat:
Maledicte

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Sapphire225 (post: 1469363) wrote:The Twilight saga would make excellent manga!

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/zWgC0Hp8m6rwln4Wr-/browse/item/86487/4/0/0
Atria35

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:14 pm

ANGXFJJBHJRJV...

Wow. I...actually can believe it. Still...

Well, it is more of a graphic novel than a manga. Not all GN are mangas...hopefully.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I think that any of the Ian M. Banks Culture novels would be amazing anime. Player of games might get a little funky though since Azad isn't really explained.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

I think The Secret Life Of Samantha McGregor series by Melody Carlson would make an interesting manga, as well as Frank Peretti's Hangman's Curse.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Sapphire225 (post: 1469437) wrote:ANGXFJJBHJRJV...

Wow. I...actually can believe it. Still...

Well, it is more of a graphic novel than a manga. Not all GN are mangas...hopefully.

Well, since Manga is merely the word for 'comic' in Japanese....

But also note that's been out for almost a year. So they're waaay ahead of you.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 pm

The Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the Rings
any Agatha Christie book would probably work
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 pm

rocklobster (post: 1469466) wrote:The Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the Rings

I whole-heartedly agree.

The Sister's Grimm series wouldn't be too shabby. Neither would Loser Queen, though it would be rated T for a few parts. It would still be funny, though.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:48 pm

I think that the Twilight "manga" isn't even really considered a manga. I heard it was a manhwa.
Either way, the artist's style could be nice, but it's not used in the right way. The characters are lifeless, the layouts are bad and overall there are so many things wrong with it. SMeyer was apparently very, very involved with it, so that might have had something to do with it. But, that lettering....*shudders*
Ante Bellum

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1469344) wrote:Frank Herbert's Dune as illustrated by Kentaro Miura.
Maybe I haven't seen enough of his artwork, but I think Samura might be a better choice.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Atria35 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:03 pm

rocklobster (post: 1469466) wrote:The Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the Rings

You know, those were done so well as movies (at least LOTR. The first Narnia movie was also great.) that I think turning them into manga is overload. Sometimes, you can have too much of a good thing.
Atria35

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 pm

I kinda think the Adventures of Tom Sawyer would be a good one. It would be even better as an anime, I think.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 pm

I can't help but think that some of the Terry Prachett books would be awesomely hilarious manga.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:12 pm

USAF Search and Rescue Survival Training manual. The illustrations are already epic, but in a manga style? I'd read it all day! XD Also throwing in how Japanese tend to put faces on inatimate objects...

...speaking of the illustrations, anyone want to know how to gut a rabbit? >_<
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:44 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1470050) wrote:speaking of the illustrations, anyone want to know how to gut a rabbit? >_<

I've skinned and opened up a cat before. Probably wouldn't be that bad after that. (No, srsly, it was for my anat. and phys. class. Dead cats all around.)
Atria35

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:19 pm

A Wrinkle in Time would be a really good manga and anime in my oppinion. I think it would be an epic win. Also, James and the Giant Peach.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1470149) wrote:A Wrinkle in Time would be a really good manga and anime in my oppinion. I think it would be an epic win. Also, James and the Giant Peach.

I don't know. They made a movie out of Wrinkle in Time...and it sucked. But an anime might work since there's so much stuff that messes with your head.

Here's some more ideas:
Animorphs: Especially if they got rid of some of the filler.
Stranger in a Strange Land: Granted, it'd be a VERY risque story... (that's Heinlein for you)
The Keys to the Kingdom
The Seventh Tower (yes, I'm a Garth Nix fan)
Harry Potter
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:08 pm

His Majesty's Dragon series- history rewritten around epic battles involving dragons? I'm so there!
Atria35

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1469660) wrote:The Sister's Grimm series

Ally-Ann... I like you. A lot. 8D
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 am

Well, first let me say that most books I've read, are already in manga format in my head, because when I read them that's what happens. So I'm never lacking in that department.

Secondly, most books wouldn't translate well into manga, especially if they are fairly short, and if you knew the story? What's the point?

Thirdly, I think The Agency books would make a great manga, by Y.S. Lee. Wildwood Dancing would be a fab. Manga/anime. And the name of this book is Secret would rule.

Oh, let's not forget Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. :D I've read so many books.. it's hard to say. :D
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:24 am

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1470576) wrote:Ally-Ann... I like you. A lot. 8D

XD Why, thank you. I'm happy.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews