So, Yotsuba...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:20 am

wildpurplechild (post: 1455226) wrote:Well, that's how translating goes.

So who is everyone's favorite character? Other than Yotsuba herself of course. I really like Fuuka. The typical highschool student, she's rather plain, but easy for me to relate too. Plus it's really funny when Yotsuba teases her :)

I can really emphasize with Fuuka. She's just kinda... awkward.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ScalpelFactory » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

My boyfriend accidentally bought an extra copy of volume 8 [the festival] and gave it to me, I was hooked! I can't wait to read more of Yotsuba's antics!
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I have the first three volumes of Yotsuba, but my mom says before I get anymore manga, I have to read some more "real" books first. I'm itching to get the fourth volume.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:53 pm

My parents know that I live at the library, so as long as I am reading actual books from there, they don't care what I buy :) They're awesome like that.

And I suspect that with the e-reader they plan on getting me for my b-day, they'll know that I'll be buying books electronically and the only way I can get most of the manga I read is by buying it on paper. So they won't mind so much that I own more manga than actual books. ... Heck, they know already that most of my manga I can only get through buying. Books are a billion times easier, since our library system is huge.

In any case, FINALLY got v. 9 from Rightstuf! I don't know what took them so long, since it's been out since December! *sigh* It was adorable, though.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 pm

I loved the opening to 9. "It's bare-butt man!!!" That sequence almost had me in tears I was laughing so hard! XD
Anyways, got all my Yotsuba&! through Amazon, and it came fairly promptly.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Tamachan319 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I LOVE this manga. I find it hilarious. And wonderful. And gorgeous. And adorable.
I can't figure out who my favorite character is simply because I like so many of the characters.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:13 am

Anyone have a favorite arc/story from Yotsuba? I think that so far, mine has to be from vol. 7- the visit to the ranch! I was falling over laughing!
Atria35

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 am

Atria35 (post: 1463092) wrote:Anyone have a favorite arc/story from Yotsuba? I think that so far, mine has to be from vol. 7- the visit to the ranch! I was falling over laughing!

I loved the hot air balloon show. Koiwai-san is such a goofball.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:57 am

How about the part where she watches gangster movies and then goes on a shooting rampage? Truly, it tells a tragedy of one girl's revenge, of mistaken identity, and of her inevitable downfall.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1463108) wrote:How about the part where she watches gangster movies and then goes on a shooting rampage? Truly, it tells a tragedy of one girl's revenge, of mistaken identity, and of her inevitable downfall.

Yes! The mafia water gun story was one of my favorites! Also when she went to the zoo, that was really cute!

I just finished vol 9! This one was really good! I love when Yotsuba fights with Yanda.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:01 am

Atria35 (post: 1463092) wrote:Anyone have a favorite arc/story from Yotsuba? I think that so far, mine has to be from vol. 7- the visit to the ranch! I was falling over laughing!

Any chapter with Danbo is my favorite chapter. I also liked the chapters where she got her teddy bear Duralumin.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Volume 10. Anyone else pick it up yet?
So now we finally know what those shrines are for.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1512136) wrote:Volume 10. Anyone else pick it up yet?
So now we finally know what those shrines are for.

I wish! ><" I might ask for it for Xmas, but I'll have to wait until the New Year to get it no matter what.
Atria35

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 am

Neat, I didn't know it was out. I'll pick it up as soon as I get time.

Anyone know why there's like a year between releases?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 pm

There probably isn't a big enough demand to prioritize translation. Cleaning, translating, localizing, and re-printing takes a lot and when you are reproducing a variety of titles, you gotta go from one to the other.

Or there's just one guy in the janitor's closet at Yen Press doing all of it. XD
Rusty Claymore

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 am

Still, that is a long time between volumes... Anyway, picked the book up last night. Love it.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby blkmage » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 am

The Japanese releases follow a similar timeline.
blkmage

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 pm

blkmage (post: 1512426) wrote:The Japanese releases follow a similar timeline.

Ah, that would do it, too! XD It makes sense though, if you look at how much detail Azuma puts into things.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:10 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1512499) wrote:Ah, that would do it, too! XD It makes sense though, if you look at how much detail Azuma puts into things.

True. I love the way he drew the inside of the electronic store. He just has a way of making everything look natural.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:28 pm

awe! I'm late! :sob: anyway
1. Azuma is a dude.
2. I LOOOOVE this series!!! I own almost all of them... except three and four, but my bro let me borrow his so I'm good now. I got vol. 10 today (yes I'm a late starter)
3. Fav character other than Yotsuba would be Asagi!!!!! because she's hooot... erm, I mean... uhm... she is sophisticated... and interesting... and has a wonderful personality... and she's about my age range... ahhhh... wait! get a grip James! Anyway, back on topic, she is also might be considered the adult Yotsuba will become (and I'm saying that because Yotsuba reminds "mom" of Asagi when she was young). Then would probably come Yotsuba's dad! He's just so cool! an awesome dad! And in an anime were made of this manga, Vic would need to voice "dad"! Third comes Fuuka who would make a perfect mother for Yotsuba <3 <3 <3 erm, in two years of course. Then would come Jumbo and then Jumbo's dad! ROTFL "Getting dumped is the best thing that ever happened to you!" ROTFL!!! But I hate Yaanda!
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Iris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm

I love Yostuba too and I think the reason why is because she reminds me of me when I was little. I also like it when Yotsuba's dad and Jumbo fight with each other and when they make those funny poses, its also funny when Yostuba cheers them both on when she says "GO FOR IT, BOTH OF YOU!!!"
When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past. As we gaze upon events that cannot be changed, our hearts grow bitter with regret. And you, my dear Serah, will you encounter your past here? How will you choose to deal with that pain? -Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys. -Lightning

Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now. -Vanille
Iris

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews