American Publishers Of Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

American Publishers Of Manga

Postby ashfire » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:48 am

If anyone has noticed the number of American Publishers that translate Japanese manga to English for the US seems to get less as time goes along.
I guess the most recent company is DC Comics which dropped CMX Studios and a few other of their operations.
DR Masters was another company which has seem to disappeared from the book stores.
Iron Cat Studios lost Mega Tokyo to CMX and closed up after that, but I understand that DC Comics will continue to print that series.
I know there are others which I can't bring to mind.
You get into a series and next you know limbo, no finish to the story.
I would hope that one series I was hoping to see a finish, Fire Investigator Nanase, could be picked up by another company, reprint the first four GN and continue the rest of the series.
I guess if anymore close up we will be getting manga straight from Japan or reading more off the internet
ashfire

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:07 pm

There are a lot of big publishers that decide to drop series anyway- Tokyopop has many, many series in limbo that will probably never finish being published. Part of the smaller shops closing up is obviously because of the economy- people don't have the disposable income to spend on manga. The smaller publishers are going to feel that harder, like many small shops across America.
Atria35

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews