Pandora Hearts?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Pandora Hearts?

Postby Neko-Hime » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Standard questions... is there anything objectionable in Pandora Hearts?
I'm okay with mild violence [blood doesn't bother me, gore does] I'm not fond of language, but I can tolerate it. Sexual issues are a big no, as are religious issues.

I heard somewhere it involves demons and contracts... is this true? Last time I started a manga like that, things didn't go so well.

Thanks so much!
Neko-Hime

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm

There is a sort of contract system between beings called "Chains" that come from this unknown place called the "Abyss". They are by no-means demons although they're not always lovely creatures.

I don't believe there is anything concerning religion however one character, much later on in the series, is obsessed with the world's fictional version of occult and witchcraft. I don't think this will ever be explored upon though.

The language is typical for Shonen, just a couple "damns" and such here and there. The violence can be a bit gruesome but not extremely detailed. Decapitations and impalements are to be expected.

As far as sexuality, there is once character that is a bit "seducing" but he never really does anything that crosses over the boundary.

That's pretty much it. If you're fine with that, I highly recommend it as it always leaves you guessing; nothing is really KNOWN for sure. It's my top favorite manga series.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Atria35 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:02 pm

^ Bingo. Something else you'll hear bandied about is that the guys are totally into eachother, but it's not true. It's just like Naruto, it's just like.... virtually every guy couple that fangirls fawn over. It's only there if you put it there.
Atria35

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews