Fruits Basket

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 pm

I watched the anime and I am wondering if the manga finalizes things a bit more. No spoilers pls XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Wyntre Rose » Mon May 31, 2010 8:01 pm

To that question I can give you a resounding (and VERY pleased) YES!!
Wyntre Rose

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Considering the anime only covers the first 8 books of the 23 volume manga, I would say so.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Ah, ty, I was hoping lol
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby SailorDove » Mon May 31, 2010 11:23 pm

Some of the history revealed later on isn't as um... "G" or "PG" as the beginning. If that doesn't bother you, then I highly recommend to read or finish reading the manga. Its worth it.

Here's a review of the manga here at CAA. LINK
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 31, 2010 11:59 pm

Now I must find the actual manga... Alas, manga is so expensive! and I have to go to another city to find it... T.T
Rusty Claymore

Postby Wikiwalker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 am

It's definitely worth it. It was the first manga I ever read and I'm thinking about rereading it because I liked it so much. I got it from the library though.
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="Pink"]TGJesusfreak: Is the chatroom gonna self destruct or somethin?
Chatbot: Yes[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:05 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1398018) wrote:Now I must find the actual manga... Alas, manga is so expensive! and I have to go to another city to find it... T.T

If you're able to order online, then there are several legit online stores where you can get cheaper prices than in bookstores- one of my fave sites I can buy it for about $2.50 less, don't pay tax, and if I order in bulk (save up and buy a bunch, totalling over $50), then I also get free shipping. If you can't order online, then... ouch :(
Atria35

Postby Wikiwalker » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 am

:wow!: 2.50! I really want to know what site that is!:wow!:
~~~~~~~~~~~

[color="DeepSkyBlue"][font="Book Antiqua"]"I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone, let him be where he will."-- Henry David Thoreau, Walden[/font][/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="PaleGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
Wikiwalker

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 am

Rightstuf.com
They show what the normal price is on the back of the book and sell for, well, less :)
And I've double-checked this a billion times, since it's considered a family outing to go to the bookstores. I've never found them to be off on what it is.

The $2.50 is only for Fruits Basket, though- it varies depending on which manga you're getting and whether they're having a sale on it or not
Atria35

Postby rainbowchick_02 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh yeah, there is alot more in the manga then in the anime. i really wish they would make some more episodes of Fruits Basket though. It's so sad really. :O
:3
rainbowchick_02

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 pm

They would pretty much have to pull an FMA:Brotherhood to do it, though. The anime ended in such a way that there's really no possibility that they could just continue and in any way keep it true to the manga. *I'm lookin' at you, Akito!* But, if they did start over again...I would certainly support it. :) There are many things in the manga that I'd love to see animated.
Wyntre Rose

Postby Lynna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Agreed!!! Though...
The anime was very funny and quirky, but the manga quickly moves into deep/emotional/dark stuff (by volume 11) so I'm not sure how they would p[ull that off...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Wikiwalker » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:14 am

Atria35 (post: 1398068) wrote:Rightstuf.com
They show what the normal price is on the back of the book and sell for, well, less :)
And I've double-checked this a billion times, since it's considered a family outing to go to the bookstores. I've never found them to be off on what it is.

The $2.50 is only for Fruits Basket, though- it varies depending on which manga you're getting and whether they're having a sale on it or not

Thanks! *goes to look around the site*
~~~~~~~~~~~

Wikiwalker

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews