[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Shelter of Wings online manga - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Shelter of Wings online manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Shelter of Wings online manga

Postby Angelsnow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello, I'm new to posting although I've been a visitor for quite some time. I have read many of the threads here and have prayed for you behind the scenes although with my schedule thought it best not to register.

I wanted to make everyone aware that a new version of Volume 1 is now being posted online at the Shelter of Wings website for those who never picked up a copy. The online version is revised and expanded (all 224 pages!), and is currently being featured on a few christian and secular webcomic sites to my surprise. There is an option to purchase this book as well. Am I free to give the link? If not, someone will let me know...

http://www.shelterofwings.com

I thought it best to post in the manga section, since it is a published work. Enjoy! :)
Angelsnow

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:38 pm

There's a certain degree of ambiguity concerning where member projects end and these threads begin. I think it's fine for your thread to remain here, where it should find more readers, since there's a precedent for this sort of thing.

For myself, it looks like what you're uploading is the same as the version I have in hard copy. Best of luck with your continued work.
uc pseudonym

Postby Angelsnow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Actually, UC, this updated version is new and is being printed up now. Thank you for your kind response. :)
Angelsnow

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm

I guess I shouldn't have just glanced at the first few pages, then. What all is in the new version? My copy is the one from Brethren, dated 2006.
uc pseudonym

Postby steenajack » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh Boy! I always wanted to read this one. Now I finally can! X3! Thanks for the link.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Angelsnow » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 am

hey, I hope you like it, Steenajack! UC, most of the pages were corrected or updated, with about 22 new pages added, a few deleted. So, it really has changed. I'm very pleased with the outcome and had so much positive response^^
[color="Silver"]"I've commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't ever be afraid or discouraged!
I am the LORD your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go." --Joshua 1:9[/color]

[SIGPIC]http://www.christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18921&dateline=1267125212[/SIGPIC]
www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby Desert Rose » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Excited about getting my hands on the new version! XD
[color="DarkOliveGreen"] My fan fiction ~

[/color] http://www.fanfiction.net/u/10081/
Desert Rose

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:37 pm

I read all that was updated so far. I love it ^_^ I've always been wanting to read this, I adore her artwork. To believe this is her first manga!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:39 pm

LISSAAAAAAAAA <3!

Hi there! Wow, its online now? COOL! Broader readership! ^_^

Its great to hear from you again!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby jadeTheshade » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:43 am

oh, i've been wanting to read this for awhile, but wasn't sure where i could get hold of it...>.>
i'm off to take a look ^^!
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby Angelsnow » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:04 am

DesertRose, the book format will be available in about two weeks. We're really excited ;O And CK: HEY! We've had broader readership already from other websites that featured our book. We've had almost 20,000 new readers in 3 weeks, many of them agnostics and atheists that we've had a chance to communicate with. So that's the most exciting part for me.
AnimeGirl and Jadetheshade: I hope you enjoy it!
[color="Silver"]"I've commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't ever be afraid or discouraged!
I am the LORD your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go." --Joshua 1:9[/color]

[SIGPIC]http://www.christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18921&dateline=1267125212[/SIGPIC]
www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby jadeTheshade » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:55 pm

oh i do, i really do.
your art is fantastic. and the story is looking very good ^^
good stuff like this is so hard to come by...
jadeTheshade

Postby Angelsnow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 am

Thanks so much! We now have 28,000 readers, mostly unbelievers and the unchurched, so we're very excited about the progress. It's also in the process of being translated into French (a huge market).

We've updated with 4 pages, in hopes that we'll continue to update at least 1 or 2 times per week depending on our schedule. Thanks for reading!

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby jadeTheshade » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am

cool!
i intend to actually buy the comic in hardcopy pretty soon here.
as soon as i can get someone with a credit card to order it for me, actually XD
jadeTheshade

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Oh man, no money order?? Unless she sells it at Amazon (please...then I can use gift card!).
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby Angelsnow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 am

o, we take money orders; if anyone wants to make a purchase but doesn't have paypal or a credit card, just email us! And we ship internationally, too!

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Yay!! *confetti*

any new pages?

AnimeGirl

Postby Angelsnow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 am

hey AnimeGirl :-) If I understand your question, the book has nearly 30 new pages from the first edition. We update the site 1-2 times per week, usually Mondays and Fridays (or one of those days) so you get something to read each week. We'll update again tomorrow.

Side note: We don't have many hard copies left so if anyone wants to place an order they should do so soon to get the discount rate of $8.95 (previous customers always get a bigger discount and a special gift). Regular price is $9.95 when new shipment comes in.
:3

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 am

@ Angelsnow- This looked like a really good manga to order for my friend, who doesn't have the access to Christian manga that she would like (small town and all ><"). I tried to click on the 'order' button, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is it a problem on my end, or are other people having problems? Also, I couldn't email due to having problems with Outlook, is there a different way to contact?
Atria35

Postby Angelsnow » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello Atria35, hm, I haven't heard of anyone having that problem yet; you tried to click the "add to cart" button? It should take you to a shopping cart where you can complete your order. If you'd like, you can contact me through this website privately and tell me what you'd like. We'll work around these problems.

Thank you!

--Lisa

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby Angelsnow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 am

We're currently sold out of this expanded edition. If you'd like to order a copy, you can still place a pre-order on the site for a discount rate and we'll ship when they come in. If you wait to place an order until the new shipment arrives, the price will go up to the cover price at $9.95. Thanks in advance.

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 09, 2010 7:54 am

are you going to update the online version anymore? I'd like to read as much of it as I can online. I normally don't purchase manga.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Angelsnow » Sun May 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes, Rocklobster, we'll keep updating at least once a week (usually on Fridays). I've been trying for twice/wk, but it's been difficult with my schedule. When that volume is completed, we'll begin to post Volume 2 online at least in part. We've improved as to be expected and are excited about this latest version. Thanks for asking.

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby Souba » Sun May 09, 2010 7:48 pm

[color="Blue"]Wow this is excellent! I'm so glad to hear that you're getting such a large following of readers, I'm sure they will be as blessed I have been reading your series! *hugs*
Beloved in Grace,
Souba
btw, new Jk #3 preview up on the cc.net boards. ;-)[/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Angelsnow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm letting everyone know that we finally have more books in stock. Those who have pre-ordered will have their books shipped immediately. I'm extending the pre-purchase price of $8.95 for a little while longer (shipping is also a bit cheaper than other online stores). If you bought the original version and want to order this one, you'll receive a $2 discount and special gift. Thanks for being so patient.
One thing I need to mention, we DO ship internationally! Email us first with what you'd like to order to get the best rate possible, don't order from the site.
Thanks in advance!

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Postby jadeTheshade » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 am

hey, i can't figure out what you chrage for shipping! could i get that before i order? XD
jadeTheshade

Postby Yeshua » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Gee, the manga looks good, I hope the story is good, the drawings look superb, I'm gonna read this and show it to my friends
Yeshua

Postby Yeshua » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Someone knows how can I buy this manga!?!?!? xD
Yeshua

Postby jadeTheshade » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

just hit the link in angelsnow's sig! that should take you to the website.
jadeTheshade

Postby Angelsnow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Jade, shipping is $3.50. We only have about 10 more books left, it's unbelievable; you may have to order soon if you want to get a copy within a week or two. We'll be getting another batch possibly in another 6 to 8 weeks after this shipment is gone. And Yeshua, I got your pm, thanks! ;)

www.shelterofwings.com
Angelsnow

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews