Gakuen Alice

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Gakuen Alice

Postby Lynna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 am

Since GA is the #1 most read manga on manga fox at the moment, I thought it deserved to have a thread...

Who Loves Gakuen Alice?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lynna

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:57 pm

I just put this on hold at my local library. It looks and sounds interesting.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 pm

I love Gakuen Alice! It's such a cute/funny series that somehow manages to throw in a deeper, darker, plot into the mix. Hotaru and Mikan are my favorite characters. Their friendship is so kawaii almost like Tohru's and Saki's in the manga Fruits Basket. XD
yukoxholic

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Ok so I read the first book. Funny, but weird... I loved the giant chicken!
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby RainbowSounds » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

I love Gakuen Alice :) I've only seen the anime, but I'm sure the manga is just as good. It's very cute, I would definetly recomend it. I agree, Mikan and Hotaru's friendship is very cute since their personalities differ so much.
RainbowSounds

Postby airichan623 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

LOVE gakuen alice! natsume is so darn cute! (i would say hot but hes like 12 and thats just odd) XD

i love the luca and piyo scenes. they make me literally LOL

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby RainbowSounds » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:04 pm

^^Yes Natsume is adorable. He's definetly the hottest 10 year old ever XD
"Life is like woodshavings. Except when its in a pail, because then its a pail of woodshavings."
RainbowSounds

Postby Lynna » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:30 pm

RainbowSounds (post: 1375621) wrote:I love Gakuen Alice :) I've only seen the anime, but I'm sure the manga is just as good. It's very cute, I would definetly recomend it. I agree, Mikan and Hotaru's friendship is very cute since their personalities differ so much.

I would reccomend you read the manga then :) the manga has come sooooo much farther...
but yeah, Hotaru and Mikans friendship IS really cute <3<3
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:15 pm

I love Gakuen Alice! I'm so sad that they've only put out 10 volumes so far... but so happy that 11 and 12 are set for release this year! Wooo!
Atria35

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:13 pm

So, has anyone read Volume 9 of Gakuen Alice yet?

[spoiler] Mikan and Natsume kiss! [/spoiler]

Too cute for words! Though I feel bad for Luca-pyon. >_>;
yukoxholic

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:55 pm

What's Gakuen Alice about? What's it rated? And there's an anime? Is it dubbed, or subbed? Is it good? *manga and anime hunting mode*
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1384543) wrote:What's Gakuen Alice about? What's it rated? And there's an anime? Is it dubbed, or subbed? Is it good? *manga and anime hunting mode*

Gakuen Alice is about (from the cover of book 1 since it's better than any description I could give)...
Yong Mikan runs away to Tokyo following her best friend, Hotaru, who has been enrolled in an exclusive, secretive private school for geniuses. But it turns out that Alice Academy is a lot more than meets the eye. Whether it's Hotaru's gift for inventing gadgets, or Profesor Narumi's control of human pheremones, everyone at the school has some sort of special talent. But what ability, if any, does Mikan possess? Mikan is going to have to rely on her courage and spunk if she's going to stay in school, or even stay alive!

I'd probably rate it a PG, but the publishers rate it a T, some very tame stuff like a dreaded classmate enemy steals her underwear happens, but no fanservice- it's really very clean. It is a tad dark, though... I don't really know how to go into that without giving to much away. There is an anime, but since the manga is ongoing it doesn't resolve any of the plot threads, or even have many of those threads to begin with, so the manga is highly recommended because it's up and above the anime. The anime is still good... I just didn't think it really did Gakuen Alice well, especially since it was made so early into the run of the manga. The anime is subbed only, I believe, but someone may have to check whether there's a dub. I don't think so, but the anime is licensed in the US.
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Okay, thank you!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Lynna » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Please note, that further on in the series, ther is a sensei-student relationship, and ....yeah.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Lynna » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 pm

[quote="yukoxholic (post: 1384522)"]So, has anyone read Volume 9 of Gakuen Alice yet?

[spoiler] Mikan and Natsume kiss! [/spoiler]

Too cute for words! Though I feel bad for Luca-pyon. >_>]

[spoiler] Acctually, I've read VERY far into the series because of manga fox, and Natsume acctually confesses to Mikan. Luca-pyon realizes that even though he really does love Mikan, Natsume needs her more than he does. KAWAIII!!!![/spoiler]
Lynna

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Lynna (post: 1384812) wrote:[spoiler] Acctually, I've read VERY far into the series because of manga fox, and Natsume acctually confesses to Mikan. Luca-pyon realizes that even though he really does love Mikan, Natsume needs her more than he does. KAWAIII!!!![/spoiler]

Seriously? Aww! That is super kawaii! Though I still think Luca-pyon is a better fit. XD Though I must confess I am a Luca-pyon fangirl. :3
yukoxholic

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews