Hyper Police manga worth getting?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Hyper Police manga worth getting?

Postby animechica » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:01 am

I got the first volume in the mail today and was really happy. Ordered it because I've been on a 90's anime kick and I love the style. However there are parts in the book that I wish weren't there (fanservice, while less obnoxious and prevalent than other series these days, and too much dirty humor for my taste) and it's kinda making me rethink my plan to buy the other 9 volumes. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Hyper Police manga and if so, does the fanservice/sexual humor get more prevalent, less prevalent, or stay about the same as the first book? (A related question, is there even a plot to this series? XD)

I ask because as an 8th grader I purchased 1st volume of Chobits and was horrified at the amount of ecchi and general lewdness, but after the 3rd book, it drops off almost completely, something I didn't find out until awhile later when I was a little less afraid of it. XD

It's so hard to find stories that I like and have nice art, and when I do, they either contain a depressing amount of violence or a depressing amount of fanservice...
animechica

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews